View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Ya Doug I agree that trapping tourism is not the intended use of traplines. I don't think the world owes me a living
I know what you mean by trapping tourism, If I acquire such funds and license, I'd take a trip every weekend if I could, I don't want to "hobby" this out. The world doesn't owe me a thing either You have to earn it. I'm sure 99% of you old goats know that. And ya I'm just 23 and I'd like to learn for sure.

[QUOTE]The OP is kind of changing his tune to maybe trapping the line to its fullest extent. I support him for that and I for one would be glad to have someone interested in becoming a trapper come along with me and learn the ropes. As short as they may be. I apologize to the OP if this is his intention...I read it that all he wanted was a trapline for his dad to hang out on and he would do the minimum required to get said line.[QUOTE]

Yea I came out of the gate wrong and hit a sore spot. Truly ya I'd like to learn the ropes. I'm all for trapping and keeping it going and strong. I was just unaware of the process.

Have ask myself a few questions.
"does trapping pay good to stay out in the woods?" My uneducated response would be no. Because nothings guaranteed, usually upkeep costs could include alot of stuff (gas,traps,fees,food).

I also work in camp for 24 days at a time in the oil patch and make decent money. I'd switch to live on the line and make something of it. That would be neat.