View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:29 PM

Default cabins

Brian, I know what your saying but truly who is going to police this?
As you know many of the lines in Alberta are not trapped to their full potential
and plane and simple there isn't anybody that can do much about it.
Like I said these lines "that I speak of" are being trapped, but on a casual or short time basis. Shoot a couple of wolves and catch a few martin to show the friends and kids.
So Unless there is a quota put on lines who's to say that people do or don't trap sufficiently enough to keep their line. Abuse of privileges is very tough to prove beyond a shadow of doubt in any type of operation including trapping. The ASRD's hands are tied with lack of personnel and reprisal for their actions. Times have changed, I would like to see how far anyone would get trying to take away a line from someone who paid say $70,000. The lawsuit would blow your mind... remember it must be proven beyond a shadow of doubt.
And NO I'm not painting all trappers with a common brush but what I see is shameful when I look back to the younger years I spent on a line with a fellow trying to earn a living to support his family.
Plain and simple Now a day "Money talks" like it or not.
So to the fellow who started this thread you bet you can get a cabin in the woods but it may take you some time to pay for it.
Good luck.
SST