View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Let me make it easier for you then to read it all.

All the above comments point to a fear that this sort of thing is rampant...getting worse and that the government is taking over our rights. This points clearly to a similar paranoia that is pervasive in the US right now over Obamacare which is a trifle of what Canadian Health Care is. The fear in the US is that the government is trying to control people's health...and take away their FREEDOM over their own health. If people in Canada heard that the current government was taking away the Canadian Health Care system in order to give everyone on AOF more FREEDOM...then wow...I think Canada would explode over that.

The reason this is the cause de jur in the US is solely as a result of "media" hyping things and creating a frenzy. They don't have a clue in the US about our Health Care System...but they believe a lot of falsehoods from talk show hosts.

So what does this thread say.

The majority agrees it is a bad thing to happen based upon what little the media has said.

Most people agree you can treat someone like a criminal even if they did crime in the past. (not sure if part of the sentence was to not own firearms for 10 years or whatever). Some things the police can not say about this incident due to confidentiality and privacy laws...and likely the guy won't say either.

A lot of people feel that this incident is indicative of a great personal freedom thread that is growing in the country and due to the government and police and do gooders.

Still...while the freedom threat might not be agreed to by all...people agree that mistakes were made and while police due process was likely followed...concerns without further information about the incident means people would not like to see this happen again.

Cheers

Sun

Some very creative editing there Sundance, you must work for the CBC?

Also couldn't help but notice LOT'S of post's but NOT one firearm or related hunting equipment sale....Therefore I say TROLL? perhaps.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.