View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Banned

Default hrmff!

As a taxpayer, voter and range member, it upsets me greatly that this council feels that it can act unilaterally, without proper communication or more importantly a true specific safety issue. To use safety as an excuse to act first and talk later is not how this is supposed to work. To hear that suspicions of developer influence are coming true is frankly, sad.
I surely hope that there is a great turnout at both the LFGA meeting and the council meeting to make sure that elected councillors act with transparency and accountability to all parties at all times.
It's apparently that isn't happening here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer55 View Post
Latest update on rang closure, I highlighted what I think could be the real reason behind the closure;

CALL TO ACTION -
RANGE REMAINS CLOSED

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
Attend our meeting on February 23, 2012 to discuss strategies as we approach the city regarding the future of the LFGA Range. We need you to be there. We need your continued support.

We may have to change the location of the meeting from the LFGA Cluibhouse on the corner of 9th Avenue and 10th Street if we exceed the seating capacity and we hope this will happen. Please register that you will be coming to the meeting by clicking HERE so that we can determine numbers.

Our email lists and the LFGA website will provide you with the meeting location if it changes.

Please continue to send personalized letters and emails to the Mayor and members of City Council. If you know any of of these individuals could you please phone them and find out their position on this issue. We need to fully understand what are their issues. Bring this information to the meeting and email it to us using the email addresses on our website.

Encourage others to visit our website to subscribe to our main email notification system.

LFGA RANGE CLOSURE – UPDATE
We were hoping that City Council would reopen the range after the report by city administration since there didn't seem to be a substantive argument for the range closure by city administration. Allan received a telephone call informing him that City Council wished to discuss the range closure at their next public meeting. We understand that this may be because they have been getting a lot of flack for making major decisions related to land development and sales in private meetings.

The LFGA Range will remain closed until City Council has an opportunity to deal with the range closure in a public meeting on Monday, March 5. Please put this date on your calendar, as well, because we will need everybody there to show support for range.