View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote Hater View Post
On another note - after my dog had the run-in with the coyote, I went out onto our driveway and growled into the night. (This probably sounds weird, but when I see them around, I growl and they take off. It's kind of my way of standing up to them.) Anyway, after I growled, there was this loud solitary eerie howl from the woods, and then that was followed by the usual coyote noises from other directions. You people know about all the different calls they do and I'm wondering if you could tell me how to interpret what I was hearing.
Most of the time at night when you hear them making noise it is to see were there friends are, kinda like a locator.When the growling starts it is because one is more the leader than the rest and he wan't everone to know.As in wolf packs coyotes to have an alfa male and he is in charge.When you hear the barking non stop, that is usually a threat bark and if hunting them good luck, basically they are saying danger,danger stay away.If you have dogs around they will also try and suck them away from the house by making allot of noise.So if the dogs are out side and you hear allot of coyotes bring them in.
Hope this helps.