View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Stray bullets again. Im sure its BS. Im glad that I spent good money to use the range only to be denied access. Im sure that the people that complain are the same ones that call 911 on me and my fishing partners while we ice fish the local lakes because they feel the ice is unsafe. But all and all who knows whats going to happen. Would be nice for a resident in the outskirts along the river to donate some land (hint hint) lol. But regardless some people make me shake my head, the range was fine, no chance of strays (unless done by lrps) the people that use the range are mostly all range officers and are super respectful of all the rules involved. Yet again the stray probably came from some yahoo's north of the range. happened before with the van incident, they didnt catch anyone so why would it not happen again??
New to the assoc./range/sport in general. Having said that, here is my two cents worth.(might be over priced) "IF" we get around this closure, how long until the next one? We need numbers for representation? Let's put some more numbers "up on the board". The fine folks of Mcgrath have a slightly more relaxed and obviously underfunded range in Spring Coulee. Could we not look at banding together with them. Perhaps approach our esteemed representatives in Prov./Fed. Gov't for whatever assistance they might be able to provide ($$$$$/land). Bigger,better,onward and upward. Some place equidistant between Lethbridge and Mcgrath would be ideal. Out of sight, out of mind. "They" don't bother us, and we don't bother "them". All replies gratefully acknowledged.