Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmum View Post
Christianity is following the teachings of the Bible and following in Jesus' footsteps. Catholicism is listening to a priest and repeating what he says without knowing what's really being taught. It puts a priest in-place of the Lord (idolatry). It's so sad to me that people think that they are one in the same and as such mix them up.
There are over a billion Catholics who would be very surprised anyone does not consider them Christian.

Quote:
So, just wondering what bible you're reading? You were asking about Deuteronomy 1:7 and my Bible says:"Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites, and unto all [the places] nigh thereunto, in the plain, in the hills, and in the vale, and in the south, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and unto Lebanon, unto the great river, the river Euphrates." Whereby each comma is separating a different area. Not that the river Eupharates is in Lebanon, but another place to go!
In that case, why didn't the Israelites follow instructions? They never even made it into anything but the south of Lebanon.

Quote:
So, I took your little quiz. Of course it said that I know more than 92% of people, but not really sure what point you're making here. I was Catholic, then atheist, then agnostic and then Buddhist. I'm familiar with Muslim, Mormon and Hindu as well, but still not sure your point. unless...I must have known more 5 or so years ago when I was atheist than what I know now??
I didn't even notice the quick quiz there until you mentioned it. Congrats on your 92%.

Not that it matters a whole bunch, but here is a screenshot of my results.