View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by walley View Post
I can't believe that a person who is doing nothing illegal by keeping a fish or two for whatever reason (either for the meat or a mount-a fish of a lifetime), gets crucified on this and other message boards. These people shouldn't have to get raked over the coals for this.

If you guys who are whining about keeping these fish don't want to keep any, good for you. I never kept any fish last year but I don't criticize people who do. If you want to do something constructive why don't you guys put pressure on the government to stop commercial netting. I have seen the 20-35 pounders come into a buddy's butcher shop from the commercial fishermen. Sportsfishermen don't even come close to the carnage on our fisheries that commercial netters do. Give it a rest and keep your thoughts to yourself!
Like Fisherpotch has been saying, nothing wrong with keeping fish as long as it's regulated and you aren't keeping fish that will affect the spawn. You give it a rest and keep your thoughts to yourself, this is the point of a message board.