Thread: Lease Land
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Just like everybody else, I ask permission and go through the proper channels. I have been denied, only because the maximum number of hunters allowed on a daily basis had already been signed up. If the original poster isn't given just cause as to why he was denied, then I hope that he wins his case also.

Happy Easter.
Who sets the "maximum number of hunters allowed"?

After skimming through the "rules" there is very little reason to disallow anyone from accessing lease land.
The only reasons I can see is, unharvested crops, livestock at large (meaning "normal" usage, not a few head), Fire ban by order. Other then these situations access should not be denied.

Some rules should be changed, such as, bicycle usage, horse riding and the above mentioned "unharvested crops". What damage is a person on foot going to do to crops?

As for people that leave gates open. What are they opening them for if they have foot access only. The "leave gates as you found them" only works 50% of the time.

If your job as a lease rider entails removing people and there vehicles from the lease land, shouldn't you be able to take license #'s and report/charge them for trespassing?

One last thing. It doesn't matter if the lease is $1/acre or $1,000,000/ acre, the rules are the same.

Maybe the outdoorspeople of Alberta should get together and fight to change the rules of access. It seemed to work on Open Spaces.