Thread: Alberta Bass?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Banned

Cool

those are the facts. it just happens to be particularly funny .the fishery as whole in the south is a combination man made reservoirs and medium size rivers.in my experience they fish, fair to good and one can enjoy life a time fishing on the bow but this as a native river is close to dead. I am asking how far do I have to travel up the bow to find a cuttie or bull. I try to give my thoughts on fisheries. if not as clear as I would like. I have been fortunate enough to see first hand great success and failure in fisheries management. the brown trout is a product of the british relm. new zealand like calgary has a population of introduced trout they flourish every thing is fine. most folk dont under stand the river is is not fine but is unlightly to return to its natural state.I will not diverge but as an international traveler the general public has the wool over there eye's.I cannot speak on the northern parts of the province. I do not think I have all the answers but I do try to learn from the mistakes others.and. thier success.it is lightly that the native fish of the bow would not survive the modern bow.so it can be said to be a successful planting ,just done by the bucket brigade. the fisheries have room to improve. how is just harder to get right.