View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntnut View Post
I can't find it but a year of two ago there was a 30+ page discussion on this very thing. Turns out that an AFGA group from southern Alberta came up with this proposal.
As 209 said earlier- I think that there is a fox in the hen house.
IIRC (and I often don't) a club from the pass put forward a resolution about lengthening the wait time for sheep (3-5 years; I think it started at 5 and then it was modified to 3 at conference where, I might add it was voted down).

I think what we have here is an extreme escalation of those original proposals to address perceived problems with sheep.

Clubs put forward resolutions (that are submitted by individual members) to the Zone, who then forward them to the AFGA for ratification. Many proposals are made every year, and many of them are rejected. I wouldn't say that just because a group decides to forward a resolution, it is in full support of it; maybe they think it is a topic that NEEDS to be discussed at the Association level.

If this group is trying to influence the AGMAG outside of the AFGA process, then I think we have an issue. Is there any evidence of that?