View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowchaser View Post
I can see your point 209, if the program was developed with transparency, ample dialogue between the stakeholders, biology driven, etc. I agree he may have had admirable intentions when this got started, but it has gotten far away from where it started which he has not kept in check. There needs to be another year of study as there are far too many questions and concerns, yet he's trying to ram this through in this election year and before next hunting season. Again, I have to ask why? The AFGA vote against is loud and clear. If he rams this through he has alienated thousands of future voters and we have a long memory. Rest assured, that is what we will remember about Ted Morton...
Exactly.

If this was truely based on admirable intentions and a solid belief in the merits of OS, then it would have been openly initiated and debated.

209 may be right, Morton might honestly believe he's doing the right thing for Albertans, at least as the concept was formed. However, if that's the case, you'd think he would want to not only consult with those Albertans, but to convince them of the merits of his plan. That should have been easy if the plan was a good one, but that's clearly not the case. Continuing with Open Spaces at this point in spite of all the opposition, even if he truly believes it is a good program, would not be an admirable act. It would put him in the company of those in history that marched to their own beat and aren't so highly thought of today.

Waxy