Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
Really I dont think you have a clue. Ithink you could go get a job at srd. You know as much as they do... So if you were so concerned about all the spawners in this province why is that that that is the only fish we can keep????? The only reason our pike fishery is crap is cause alberta shut down all our walleye for years and pike got targeted and the fish that keep things going were all taken out(or a great majority did)... So who cares if you try and catch a fish up the arm in that time of the year.... Make it C&R not shut it down..... If you are that concerned shut the lake down.... I still see nothing wrong in that lake as you can go out and catch 100's of small ones a day so I really dont think that catching fish early effect much.The problem is that people are taking those fise that are spawning...So I think limitiing people to let spawners go in that time is way more valuable than closing down the west end as people are still catching them at the other end of the lake anyway.

Bawhahahahahahaha....... you are a character indeed. for your information i have had a couple conversations with terry clayton about the size limits on traverse expressing my concerns over the current regulations, have you had any? written any e mails?. I am glad you are happy catching 100's of small fish a day, but even all your small fish will disappear if spawning fish are not protected and then what, we all get to listen to your ranting about how srd don't know what they are doing. i guess we should all do things your way, complain on the net while doing nothing and blaming everybody. you are a self proclaimed expert in fisheries and apparently if you were running srd there would be no problems so i urge you to apply for a job at srd, and then i can flame you on the net while not leaving the comforts of my home. i am by no way saying the srd if perfect but with limited resources and funds sometimes they are going to have to make changes that not everybody is gonna agree with and the only way for you to get your say in is by investing a little more than ranting on ao about how much better you are ....lol.... again thank you very much for your valuable input in this matter....

on a side note i do believe that there are some changes that will benefit traverse long term so my son gets memories there like i got when i was little. and hopefully they all come but as for anymore changes this year i am not sure we can expect any as regulation changes have to be reviewed at the round table meeting prior to changes and the test netting results would have to show overwhelming data to force an emergency change. i am very curious to see what kind of info comes from the test netting.