View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
Thanks for the response Orivs. Yes we will install sheet metal around the stove on the walls and floor. We plan on insulating it all. Never thought of painting it black though, good idea.
I'm trying to think of a way I can anchor it in the ice so nobody gets the idea of hooking on to it and trying to steal it.
It will be on skids of course and likely puckboard under the skids. We are going to have a removable hitch so we can pull it from either end and it just pins to the skids and has a 2" coupler to hook onto the truck. with everything we plan on doing, we may need a winch truck to move it... LOL
thats the part where you got to trust. most people will not steal your ice shack because its pretty easy to see big ice shack going down the highway. either way the best idea is to lock it up tight. Lots of people will go in there to fish and most people wont mind its just that when people start to steal/vandilize your ice shack.
I had my shack out at sylvan last season and some guy just started to harp on my door and i locked it from the inside im guessing he thought it was just the ice build up. so i let him in and he fished there but i came back again and there was a bunch of 2x4s in the ice and it was froze in there good. so i had to move the shack because i cant drill through wood with my auger. last time someone uses my shack without permission