View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 PM

Moose, bear, deer elk, you a typical Alberta day out in the field. Actually I've been using a Tikka M695 in 6.5x55 for a number of years and have an assortment of other calibres, BUT all of the rifles are getting heavier every year. I like the idea of a big heavy slower moving slug and a light weight rifle 6-7 lbs so these two rifle/calibres seem pretty good. I find the vented rib and high from sight absolutely hideous on the Rmington Guide Gun, that and its been dropped for '08 (WSS had one but I'd rather be dipped in hot oil than purchase there). Really wish Savage/Steven would produce one of their economically priced Model 200 rifles in .350 or .358, that would be perfect. Tikka makes the T3 in .338 Fed, but there's enough about the T3 I don't like, not to purchase it. The CZ 9.3x62 was very high on my wish list last year but the importer told me that they might be able to get me one in '08 so I went with the .35 Whelen. It is an absolute tack driver but is longer and heavier that I wanted.

After speaking with the former Western Canadian Warrenty shop for Remington and Savage, I am really leaning to the Ruger, as Remington is putting out a "lot of junk" lately and begining to wish for a .358/.350 Savage lightweight.
go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or your arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams 1775