View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post
I was just rereading all of the documents for about the 100th time and noticed that in the latest version of the document the habitat portion of ramp is gone.

The first version I have is:

Recreational access management Program (RAMP) - compensates private landowners for providing habitat and recreational access for hunting and fishing to the public.

The most recent version reads:

Recreational access management Program (RAMP) - Landowners voluntarily enroll their private lands and commit to provide access opportunities for hunting and fishing.

If this is about habitat why did they take it out? My opinion is it is just a money grab. They do not even have to keep the habitat to get the money. They are getting paid to put a sign up on their land.

Bubba

Sorry but I finally got through reading all the post and the document that you attached outlining the program. Did you post or do you have the most recent version with the changes or a link. Sorry if I missed the post but there is a lot of good discussion and I want to e-mail my MLA and ask what his position on this is. Thanks