View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Waugh View Post
Cat, correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure you will) but wasn't CIL - which was primarily a chemical company - a major ammunition and explosives manufacturer during the War? (That would be WW II for you younger fellows.)
The guns, which you say were re-branded CIL from other jobbers, were likely an attempt to spin off the military production.
The same way Grumman went from Hellcats to bass boats after V-J Day.
My all time favorite shot shells, Canucks and Imperials were CIL if I'm not mistaken.
Weren't those purple paper hulls something else?
There were many facets pof C.I.l. , yes, canda safety fuse being one, Dominion explosives, etc.
The guns i am talking about were OEM from contractors in the 60's and 70's.

I have log books from the 50's that belonged to my father when he was doing R&D for the Amunition devision in the 50's, and he used model 70's then, but they were not stamped C.I.L. at the time, nor was his martini INTL that he used for many years.
It was not until '63 or '64 that I saw C.I.l. guns in the rack at home, and at that time he was sales Promotion Develpoment Manager.

yes, the high brass Imperials were great cartridges, best in the world- I know, my dad told me when i asked him which was the best!!

Cat