View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
bubbasno1

Default OSA approved by CPC December 6, 2007

I agree with Mav. This has to go to the media. I, unlike some people, did not come out of the meeting with any confidence that it had been slowed down. I now have confirmed that it has been approved by the CPC. Even though when specifically asked if this had happened Rick Burton and Doug Manzer said no. I had pretty good information before I asked them that it had been approved. I asked them at least 3 times and even mentioned the specific date (December 6) that it was approved. This definitely set them aback but they still stood by the fact that it had not. Now that this is the case if I have understood correctly it is pretty much a done deal unless media pressure is really put on during the election. I plan on sending emails to MLA's with a CC to the Liberal opposition in each riding and most specifically in Ted Morton's. The more we get this out the better chance we have of stopping it.

Someone mentioned the native and Metis population. Bruceba is correct. They were never involved in the discussion. It was asked at the Lethbridge meeting. This has become commonplace the fact that all of this was done so quickly and quietly that nobody had input. I asked if the Huterittes had been contacted on the ridge and everyone said no. Why would they contact them? I also asked if Waterton Park had been involved in the discussion since they are the ones who really produce the wildlife in 300. Again the answer was why would they do that. Maybe they should find out if the park wants the elk herd to increase another 50%.

This has been rushed through so quickly even the most basic of things have not been taken care of.

Bubba