View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=BobLoblaw;1057683]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post

Dang, Chubb! Very nice!
I figured you'd find a way to put the hook closer to the back of the fly without just using a longer shank hook; I've heard that fish are able to get better leverage & throw longer shank hooks easier.
Is the shank something you fabricated, or bought? Don't recall ever seeing anything quite like that before now. Can you put a single hook on there?

IMO is more the wgt of the lure that whiplashes any lure out of a fishes mouth.... ive never had a problem with long shanks but it may be true.

its a redditch shank extender made for treble hooks and fly tyers. But i actualy use them to tune crank baits to achieve a 2 foot kick out swim pattern.
Because of their design a single hook will stick out to the sides rather than up or down.....unless someone can find a single hook with its eye wire paralell to the hook bend. I find i best to just snip two hooks. The hook on a treble's eye allows it to line up good.

Here is a custom long shank single...fly is 5 inches long and hook is in tail section....that fly is my attempt at a RMW pattern

Bob you'll be getting more mail...let me get caught up..thanks