View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
NO LINE CHANGES AFTER AN OFFSIDE

Currently in effect only for a team that ices the puck, this would have the dual effect of discouraging offsides and trapping tired players, leading to scoring chances.
Sooooooo open to abuse. Your line is fresh and the opposing line is tired... you get the puck but have no play? Ice the puck before they can get a change and the other guys have to stay on. Coaches will find ways to use this.

Quote:
TRAPEZOID OUT, CENTRE RED LINE IN

Two “roll-back” experiments. Goalies can once again roam to their heart’s content to play the puck, but be warned, they will be penalized for freezing a puck without at least one skate in the crease. They will likely be considered fair game for forecheckers if they get too adventurous when stick-handling.
Oh yeah, I'm sure no teammate of the goalie who gets pasted into the end boards will drop their gloves or anything like that.... righhhhhhhhht... IF goalies are not to be belted like any other player their ability to roam and play the puck must be severely restricted.

Quote:
With the red line active again, two-line passes will be restricted in the hope more players get touches in the neutral zone.
What is this? Tiger Mites? Must let everyone touch the puck? We need to go back to the old slow clogged up offensive system we used to have?????

Quote:
BEARHUG RULE

A Brian Burke initiative, this allows players to wrap up an opponent going into the boards to lessen impact and avoid a holding call[/I][/B]
So if you hold the guy you can avoid getting a holding call.... hmmmmm But yes, I can see how holding a guys arms down as you take him face first into the glass helps protect him