View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 PM

The SRD “guy” that was present at the Lethbridge meeting was Cliff Henderson (if my notes are correct). I thought he was particularly evasive and his responses were ambiguous at best. I really didn’t know many of the guys present as I have rarely participated in formal meetings so I thought I would try and familiarize myself with Mr. Henderson and his role with SRD. I “googled” “Cliff Henderson” + “SRD” and was absolutely astonished when I opened the third or fourth result:

http://issues.albertawilderness.ca/B.../AR0210BH1.pdf

Read the article and tell me if this sounds like the similar or exact modus operandi being used in another little SRD initiative called “Open Spaces”?

During the meeting the following question was asked, “Does Dr. Morton, our Minister and an elected representative support the Open Spaces proposal?” Mr. Henderson replied. “Parts of it”. Mr. Henderson was then asked what parts of Open Spaces, Dr. Morton supported. Mr. Henderson replied something to the effect of, “I don’t know”. Mr. Henderson was then asked what parts of Open Spaces did Dr. Morton not support and he again replied, “I don’t know”.

So he claims knowledge that Dr. Morton supports parts of it, but apparently has no idea what part(s) he supports. And since Dr. Morton apparently only supports parts of Open Spaces, then it is obvious (to me anyway) that there must be parts he does not support. Mr. Henderson, apparently does not know what parts Dr. Morton, the Minister responsible for “Open Spaces” does not support.

For those of you that are sitting at the back of the class, Mr. Cliff Henderson is the SRD representative that apparently wants “Open Spaces” quickly included in the next Alberta Hunting Regulations. This opinion was certainly shared by many at the meeting.

For an “open and transparent” government, this thing is as clear as mud. By the way, my e-mails and letters to Government representatives remain unanswered… some sent more than six weeks ago. The Liberals not only replied in less than one week, but I received a follow-up call looking for additional information. Last year I was a card carrying member of the Alberta Conservative Party. Regards, Mike