Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wainwright Base draw (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=382190)

PFKGSP 05-26-2020 08:14 PM

Wainwright Base draw

Has anyone heard what the situation is going to be with this draw? Seeing that it is on federal property and you have to have the briefings each morning do you think there is a chance it would get cancelled?
And if it does what happens to your draw priority if you are drawn and it is cancelled?
Due to everything going on I am looking at trying to figure out what to do with my extra time at that time of year so it could be the perfect year to burn up my moose and deer draw.

Buckwheat 05-26-2020 10:34 PM

Been wondering the same thing. Our group is going up for deer and I’m contemplating pulling my bull moose. Sent an email asking them via the help feature on winrelm but haven’t heard back. Would hate to loose a p11

marky_mark 05-27-2020 06:54 AM

I heard that it may be closed due to not being able to do the daily briefings
But things are constantly changing

Byron 05-27-2020 08:06 AM

Undersubscribed Camp Wainwright tags this year hmmm :thinking-006:

Or Suffield? The uncertainty could make it happen haha

Don K 05-27-2020 09:44 AM

I wouldn’t roll the dice personally... Could be more restrictions than normally even if it is open.

astepanuk 05-27-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don K (Post 4177014)
I wouldn’t roll the dice personally... Could be more restrictions than normally even if it is open.

Everyone will have to use Sling Shots less than 50 FPS!!!!

Dean2 05-27-2020 01:13 PM

I am 999ing my Wainwright draws for this year. Too many things can go wrong to burn a long term priority.

Sooner 05-27-2020 01:18 PM

999 is my choice this year, last thing I need is last minute restrictions coming into play this fall.

Shed Crazy is the base bio and a good guy to ask, maybe he knows what they are thinking.

calgarychef 05-27-2020 04:01 PM

I think if they accept the draws then cancel the hunt they would just refund the priority. There’s been instances of that in the past on different areas.

338Bluff 05-27-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgarychef (Post 4177248)
I think if they accept the draws then cancel the hunt they would just refund the priority. There’s been instances of that in the past on different areas.

Read the Notice under important changes in the booklet. Says the numbers would be prohibitive to change. Might mean you burn the priority. Typical government waffle words so who knows??

hookset 05-28-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgarychef (Post 4177248)

I belive thats what they did for the spring turkey this year because of COVID?? I remember seeing a post somewhere, I think people had a choice to take the tag or get priority back. Would make sense to do the base hunts the same(or everyone gets priority back if base cancels hunt).