Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "washing quads".......PARDON!! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=208882)

martinnordegg 02-11-2014 10:14 AM

"washing quads".......PARDON!!

I guess some people just don't either proof read their articles or perhaps understand Provincial regulations.

While reading the latest Alberta Trapper magazine I was reading Anne Coles article about her Trapline/Cabin memories. While reading those memories "enjoying skinny dipping in the streams on a hot day, washing our quads in the river, or spending the day at Roch Lake....."

While skinny dipping on a hot day is enjoyable, I disagree that "washing our quads in the river" would be enjoyable, legal or ethical.

IMHO not the message that should be printed in an otherwise great and informative magazine!!

Boots270 02-11-2014 10:19 AM

Skinny dipping is sexy hot no matter what one is doing. Even washing the quads.

hillbillyreefer 02-11-2014 10:28 AM

Wow, you scooped DonAnderson. I'm sure he is working on having her charged as we speak.

martinnordegg 02-11-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer (Post 2319141)
Wow, you scooped DonAnderson. I'm sure he is working on having her charged as we speak.

That's a pretty immature, lame comment.:sign0161:

antlercarver 02-11-2014 11:06 AM

Skinny dipping

Skinny dipping this time of year is possible but not very
sexy, -----Ice water shrinkage

Boots270 02-11-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antlercarver (Post 2319193)
Skinny dipping this time of year is possible but not very
sexy, -----Ice water shrinkage

You could try hot springs.
But keep your quad out of the equation.

waterninja 02-11-2014 12:00 PM

if shes washing quad WHILE skinny dipping then no problem. lol.

elkdump 02-11-2014 12:10 PM

there many persons packing DISEASES that is FAR more disturbing to me than a bit of oil or brake dust washed from an ATV,

how about wash your ATV at the car wash and wash your arse in your bathtub !

hillbillyreefer 02-11-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinnordegg (Post 2319149)
That's a pretty immature, lame comment.:sign0161:

So is whining because at some point in the past someone washed their quad in a creek, then told the story to a magazine. Oh the outrage!

Hey it's your thread bring on the outrage!

Okotokian 02-11-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinnordegg (Post 2319127)
I guess some people just don't either proof read their articles or perhaps understand Provincial regulations.

While reading the latest Alberta Trapper magazine I was reading Anne Coles article about her Trapline/Cabin memories. While reading those memories "enjoying skinny dipping in the streams on a hot day, washing our quads in the river, or spending the day at Roch Lake....."

While skinny dipping on a hot day is enjoyable, I disagree that "washing our quads in the river" would be enjoyable, legal or ethical.

IMHO not the message that should be printed in an otherwise great and informative magazine!!

Depends. How long ago was she remembering? How long has the restriction been in effect?

nube 02-11-2014 03:08 PM

If I hear this right your worried about washing a quad in a stream? WOW!! Why does it matter whether you do it on the front lawn or in a stream? It all ends up in the same place.

Okotokian 02-11-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nube (Post 2319490)
If I hear this right your worried about washing a quad in a stream? WOW!! Why does it matter whether you do it on the front lawn or in a stream? It all ends up in the same place.

There is no fish habitat to disturb on my lawn... at least not since the flood. ;)

CanuckShooter 02-11-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 2319275)
Depends. How long ago was she remembering? How long has the restriction been in effect?

Maybe she remembers a time when she was in Sask?:thinking-006:

martinnordegg 02-11-2014 04:25 PM

Interesting responses. I guess I shouldn't be suprised from what I have seen lately.:rolleye2:

CanuckShooter 02-11-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinnordegg (Post 2319585)
Interesting responses. I guess I shouldn't be suprised from what I have seen lately.:rolleye2:

I was walking down the road in a downpour one day and noticed that the rainwater running off the asphalt was all oily....funny thing was it just ran off the side of the road and right into that fish bearing stream. Talk about destroying habitat. :thinking-006:

nube 02-11-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 2319537)
There is no fish habitat to disturb on my lawn... at least not since the flood. ;)

And all the run off water goes where? Down the drain and ends up in the ocean with the worlds supply of fish. It's not like a pile of people go and wash their quads in rivers and are going to do any sort of major damage. It's not like they sit their and drain their oil in the stream.

traderal 02-11-2014 06:18 PM

Lets see I have to cross a stream through water. Gets a pretty good wash I figure.
Some people like to live imaginary lives of misguided intentions.

canadian medic 02-11-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traderal (Post 2319775)
Lets see I have to cross a stream through water. Gets a pretty good wash I figure.
Some people like to live imaginary lives of misguided intentions.

in new Brunswick even crossing the stream in the water on a quad is breaking the law

nube 02-11-2014 07:55 PM

Really? They might as well ban horse trail riders as well with all the soil erosion as well lol

traderal 02-11-2014 08:07 PM

Well lets ban cars, trucks, construction equipment, rockets, ships, etc., or just put a sock in some peoples mouth.

HunterDave 02-11-2014 09:22 PM

One must always be aware of political correctness so as not to offend anyone unnecessarily. :innocent:

South west trappin RG 02-11-2014 09:52 PM

Let the article be.

Why try and bash someone who decided to put a story in the Alberta trappers mag. I have nothing to do with ann other than she is a director for all Alberta trappers. I have met her and she is a really nice woman. Does the original poster have something agents her or are they a fish habitat guy. I f you are on a trapp line in the summer u will go through some mudd and mabe go through the creek a little fast to cleare some of the stuff off the bottom of the quad. I don't like starting an argument but if u have a problem with someone take thir place in the ATA. Just saying I thought she wrote a good story. Thanks Ann :sHa_shakeshout: :sHa_shakeshout: :sHa_shakeshout: Rod Graham

moose maniac 02-11-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South west trappin RG (Post 2320172)
Why try and bash someone who decided to put a story in the Alberta trappers mag. I have nothing to do with ann other than she is a director for all Alberta trappers. I have met her and she is a really nice woman. Does the original poster have something agents her or are they a fish habitat guy. I f you are on a trapp line in the summer u will go through some mudd and mabe go through the creek a little fast to cleare some of the stuff off the bottom of the quad. I don't like starting an argument but if u have a problem with someone take thir place in the ATA. Just saying I thought she wrote a good story. Thanks Ann :sHa_shakeshout: :sHa_shakeshout: :sHa_shakeshout: Rod Graham

X1000 Anne is a hard working lady she is a very good person