Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Way too close (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=364518)

goggin 05-29-2019 09:46 AM

Way too close

Well for the second time in a row I’ve gone home early from spring lake, i had to stop casting because of boats trolling within range of my cast, just feel using a 20 foot plus pontoon boat on spring is a bit overkill, had 3 gas powered boats buzzing around me with their lures a full 60 yards behind, maybe I’m just getting old and cranky lol

ÜberFly 05-29-2019 11:49 AM

I would agree, but did you say anything?

goldscud 05-29-2019 11:52 AM

I have had quite a few guys troll boats within 12ft of my anchored float tube on other lakes. One time I had to grab the line and throw the lure off to the side before it hooked me. Some people a very special!

calgarychef 05-29-2019 11:53 AM

Throw your empty beer bottles at their boat :)

Bhflyfisher 05-29-2019 11:54 AM

The lovely thing with Albertan anglers. If you're catching them using chironomids/static presentations, they figure trolling over your line will work just as well!

JDK71 05-29-2019 12:02 PM

A good water gun will help out!

stob 05-29-2019 12:48 PM

simple people = simple ways ... there is a special kind of stoopid for some, plus they get to edumacate their spawn into the brotherhood

JDK71 05-29-2019 01:39 PM

this will happen all year long at my cabin you will be out fishing off the dock and a boat will cruze in and start casting right beside you . I have started to cast right over there line and sage there line that works very well in getting them to leave

GMX 05-29-2019 02:00 PM

When the tournament guys are out at slave it’s more than annoying big expense boat and fancy shirt doesn’t give a person the right to be an @$$. Some times a guy could almost walk right onto there boat they troll so close. I keep a stiff rod spooled with 80lb tough line and a heavy hook either bounce it off the side of the boat or try and rip the rod out of their hands with a hard hook set when I catch the line. No matter the size of the lake have a little respect and give your fellow anglers some space.

Sledhead71 05-29-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMX (Post 3982624)
When the tournament guys are out at slave it’s more than annoying big expense boat and fancy shirt doesn’t give a person the right to be an @$$. Some times a guy could almost walk right onto there boat they troll so close. I keep a stiff rod spooled with 80lb tough line and a heavy hook either bounce it off the side of the boat or try and rip the rod out of their hands with a hard hook set when I catch the line. No matter the size of the lake have a little respect and give your fellow anglers some space.

So some exercise poor judgement and you feel the need to lower yourself beyond any respect for yourself or others.. Got it. :confused:

freshtinov 05-29-2019 02:29 PM

:fighting0074:

Mr Flyguy 05-29-2019 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=goggin;3982463]Well for the second time in a row I’ve gone home early from spring lake, i had to stop casting because of boats trolling within range of my cast, just feel using a 20 foot plus pontoon boat on spring is a bit overkill, had 3 gas powered boats buzzing around me with their lures a full 60 yards behind, maybe I’m just getting old and cranky lol[/QUOTE

I'm with you there!

Yeah, I hate that party (pontoon) boat on Spring Lake and a few others in power boats who think they own the lake. If you go early enough in the morning though it's usually pretty quiet. Like yesterday morning had the whole south end to myself and no gas power boats.

Weedy1 05-29-2019 04:05 PM

I'd stay away from any guy in a belly boat, if they fart once they'll cause a Tsunami in that lake.

pikergolf 05-29-2019 05:45 PM

I have, honest to God, had an old guy wearing a oxygen cannula have his partner put his hand out and hold his boat off of mine so they would not bash. I just smiled, the old grouch snarled and told me I shouldn't be in the trolling lane. It was somewhat surreal. I was at anchor. Fish enough, and you will see some weird things.

catnthehat 05-29-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 3982737)
I have, honest to God, had an old guy wearing a oxygen cannula have his partner put his hand out and hold his boat off of mine so they would not bash. I just smiled, the old grouch snarled and told me I shouldn't be in the trolling lane. It was somewhat surreal. I was at anchor. Fish enough, and you will see some weird things.

"Trolling lane"?!:confused:
Wow, that IS a new one for me, never ever heard of it!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

roper1 05-29-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 3982870)
"Trolling lane"?!:confused:
Wow, that IS a new one for me, never ever heard of it!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

It's the area between the bar & the dance floor at the Ranchman's.......

catnthehat 05-29-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roper1 (Post 3982884)

Oh well that makes sense - I guess !:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

1 eye 05-30-2019 06:16 AM

Our population keeps growing, and our fishing / hunting resources haven't.

Ronbill 06-05-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roper1 (Post 3982884)

HAHAHA..that's only funny because it's true....a real throwback to my younger days! :cheers:

Mr Flyguy 06-05-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stob (Post 3982594)
simple people = simple ways ... there is a special kind of stoopid for some, plus they get to edumacate their spawn into the brotherhood

edumacate...had to look that one up, very appropriate for this thread:)

CanadianFisherman 06-06-2019 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had seen this a while back, thought it was fitting haha.