Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trump acquitted of both impeachment charges by U.S. Senate (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=376372)

IronNoggin 02-05-2020 02:56 PM

Trump acquitted of both impeachment charges by U.S. Senate

The historic impeachment trial of U.S. President Donald Trump has come to an end with a conclusion that was widely predicted.

In a 52 to 48 vote, Wednesday afternoon, the U.S. Senate gained enough votes to acquit Trump of the first impeachment charge against him: abuse of power.

Senators voted 53 to 47 on the second impeachment article, obstruction of Congress.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6499463/t...ce=site_banner

spoons 02-05-2020 03:02 PM

Total joke. That administration is so crooked and it has to be the worst run organization in America. Makes America look bad

playwell 02-05-2020 03:18 PM

The whole crusade against Trump is a long-running sham that has gotten so old nobody cares about it anymore. Will the Demorats finally give it up, or will they fabricate more nonsense and keep trying to the bitter end?

elkhunter11 02-05-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 4106014)
Total joke. That administration is so crooked and it has to be the worst run organization in America. Makes America look bad

It's almost as crooked as our Trudeau government.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Only we have no means to impeach Trudeau, which shows how poorly thought out our system is.

trailraat 02-05-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 4106014)

It's not just the administration - their entire political system is crooked and corrupt. Neither the Republican or Democrat parties are ethical. In my opinion behavior of the Democrats (Nancy Pelosi in particular) is just as childish as Trump.

sns2 02-05-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4106023)
It's almost as crooked as our Trudeau government.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

It's actually much, much worse.

Trudeau is just a garden variety idiot.

Trump is undermining essentially every democratic institution that exists. What he is doing is very dangerous for democracies worldwide. some may give him a pass as a comic book character, others may ignore what he is doing because the economy is good, but make no mistake, what he is doing is dangerous.

Ken07AOVette 02-05-2020 03:29 PM

those 2 are so crooked they could sleep in an auger and never touch

AB Archer 02-05-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playwell (Post 4106021)
The whole crusade against Trump is a long-running sham that has gotten so old nobody cares about it anymore. Will the Demorats finally give it up, or will they fabricate more nonsense and keep trying to the bitter end?

Sham or not, i think you are right that people were getting tired of it. I won't be surprised if this ends up hurting the democratic senators more than the republican senators as they go through re-elections for this very reason.

elkhunter11 02-05-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 4106028)

Trump is undermining essentially every democratic institution that exists. What he is doing is very dangerous for democracies worldwide. some may give him a pass as a comic book character, others may ignore what he is doing because the economy is good, but make no mistake, what he is doing is dangerous.

And Trudeau is attempting to restrict free speech, control the media, and change the voting rules, as well as interfering in our legal system. This is all just as dangerous, as it can effect the outcome of our elections.

huntinstuff 02-05-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4106033)
And Trudeau is attempting to restrict free speech, control the media, and change the voting rules, as well as interfering in our legal system. This is all just as dangerous, as it can effect the outcome of our elections.

And those to blame are the voters who put him there. They are the reason the country is how it is. Trudeau is just their idiotic puppet.

playwell 02-05-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Trump is undermining essentially every democratic institution that exists. What he is doing is very dangerous for democracies worldwide.

Are you referring to his government funding FOX News with a billion dollars a year?
Are you referring to his government taking away firearms from its citizens?
Are you referring to his government banning "offensive" speech which is determined by non-judicial tribunals?
Are you referring to his government overriding states powers under the guise of needing to protect us from "climate change"?

Wait, those are all things Trump is not doing but Trudeau is doing in Canada! In fact Trump is fighting against most of those!

Please do explain how Trump is undermining democratic institutions.

elkhunter11 02-05-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4106037)
And those to blame are the voters who put him there. They are the reason the country is how it is. Trudeau is just their idiotic puppet.

And the voters that put him there, may be responsible for the end of truly democratic elections, and democracy itself, in Canada.

huntinstuff 02-05-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4106049)
And the voters that put him there, may be responsible for the end of truly democratic elections, and democracy itself, in Canada.

I agree

The conservatives screw the liberals over, we change, the liberals screw the conservatives over. Etc etc

What we need is a businessman/businesswoman to run this country. A successful one. Someone who just doesnt care about anything other than making Canada great again....😈

Because in truth, the LAST thing we need is a politician.

Analogy: Real estate. Location Location Location

Well, we have the location. Canada is well situated. The "house" is a shambles, but we can rebuild it. So we gut it, find the foundation is still pretty good so we give it a bit of TLC and we begin building a new house. Forget the inspectors. Theyre from the old school. We inspect it ourselves. 35 million people with their eyes on it.

First priority is citizens. Health and education are mandatory. We get calls from elsewhere...we dont ignore it, we just let their call go to voicemail for a while as we focus on our own people. Gotta have stability first before we can try to exert stability on others.

Once we are no longer stepping over homeless people on our way to get our morning coffee, we can maybe look.to assist others. Maybe once our own people get an MRI or surgery within a medically/compassionate time, we will answer a few voicemails

Until EVERY Canadian is included and has equal opportunities as the next Canadian, maybe we can assist elsewhere.

Until then, we put the world on notice that we are BUSY rebuilding, so dont expect us to send you the "lumber" that we need ourselves. We will SELL you what we have left over. If we donate, its because we WANT to, not because we agreed to 70 years ago. Those guys that made that deal are dead. We're the new guys. Get used to it.

58thecat 02-05-2020 04:38 PM

:sHa_shakeshout:

That's my entertainment.....and Archy Bunker reruns.

kevinhits 02-05-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4106037)

No one to blame here in Western Canada.....How about the disaportioned seats down East.

huntsfurfish 02-05-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

I agree!!

CaberTosser 02-05-2020 04:56 PM

He was acquitted and I’m ranging between indifference and schadenfreude. The Dems there will still be fixated on bringing him down in any ways they can fabricate rather than actually serving their constituents. I have little respect for how Trump has taken dignity and class from high office, but I’ll grant that he’s done well for their economy and jobs.

I’m one of those people who doesn’t get fixated on the guy because, surprise, I’m not a US citizen and I don’t vote there nor do I even own property there. I have a younger sister who can vote in Texas but that’s as close as I get to the matter. I’m oh-so-tired of Canadians droning on ad nauseum about Trump who are morbidly silent about our own clown-in-chief.

Austin 02-05-2020 04:58 PM

The ones that get rich from this is witch hunt is the lawyers

cody j 02-05-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4106063)
I agree

The conservatives screw the liberals over, we change, the liberals screw the conservatives over. Etc etc

What we need is a businessman/businesswoman to run this country. A successful one. Someone who just doesnt care about anything other than making Canada great again....😈

Well, we have the location. Canada is well situated. The "house" is a shambles, but we can rebuild it. So we gut it, find the foundation is still pretty good so we give it a bit of TLC and we begin building a new house. Forget the inspectors. Theyre from the old school. We inspect it ourselves. 35 million people with their eyes on it.

First priority is citizens. Health and education are mandatory. We get calls from elsewhere...we dont ignore it, we just let their call go to voicemail for a while as we focus on our own people. Gotta have stability first before we can try to exert stability on others.

Once we are no longer stepping over homeless people on our way to get our morning coffee, we can maybe look.to assist others. Maybe once our own people get an MRI or surgery within a medically/compassionate time, we will answer a few voicemails

Until EVERY Canadian is included and has equal opportunities as the next Canadian, maybe we can assist elsewhere.

Until then, we put the world on notice that we are BUSY rebuilding, so dont expect us to send you the "lumber" that we need ourselves. We will SELL you what we have left over. If we donate, its because we WANT to, not because we agreed to 70 years ago. Those guys that made that deal are dead. We're the new guys. Get used to it.

I agree, I can’t understand why we are giving away millions of dollars we don’t have to other countries.

cody j 02-05-2020 05:00 PM

I think Trump was impeached only because the Dems know they won’t beat him in the next election.

pgavey 02-05-2020 05:04 PM

How about Nancy tearing up her copy of the state of the union speech,
NASTY WOMAN.

waldedw 02-05-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody j (Post 4106088)
I think Trump was impeached only because the Dems know they won’t beat him in the next election.

Now comes the ironic part, Trump wins the election in November and the Democrats start another campaign against him that last 4 years trying to impeach him a 2nd time.

Not that I care but my feeling is that the people of the US are not happy that the Democrats have done nothing in the last 3 1/2 years but try to get Trump, they have spent until billions on this and have failed, that could very well cost them this election. Now that would be karma :thinking-006:

Sooner 02-05-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgavey (Post 4106091)
How about Nancy tearing up her copy of the state of the union speech,
NASTY WOMAN.

My thoughts too. Can you imagine the uproar from the left if a Rep did that after one of Obumma's speeches?

The dems tried all they could to prevent going against Trump in the next election. That failed and now what are they gonna do? Bernie 2.0? Biden? Warren? I predicted Trump would beat Hilary and I now think he will walk into his second term quite easily.

As for what Caber mentioned, I have lefty FB friends who have lost their minds & sleep weekly over Trump. That's a lot of extra stress for no reason. Doesn't mean I support him but I do get an evil grin now and then how he pokes the left and they respond accordingly.

lmtada 02-05-2020 05:32 PM

Trump gets my vote. Trump no Career politician. Trump real estate guy. Trump used to tough negotiating with tough contractors. Sometimes win or lose. Trump volunteers his pay at president. Trump doesn’t pad his pocket, like Clinton’s, Biden’s and Obama. When does a president go from broke to,
$500,000,000.00 without providing services/ goods to sell. This is criminal aspects of politics. Obama $2,000,000.00 to $160,000,000.00 ?? Does Obama sell products/ services? Biden’s, Clintons, Obama corruption to the core. The people see through this corruption, the people will prevail again come November 275 days. Trump wins guaranteed. Stamp it.
Fact is the Canadian media is fake news, anything to discredit the Trump administration. Daily, for every day 365 x 24/7.

Trump is in your brain rent free.
https://youtu.be/Na8n9Sz60K0

Mr Flyguy 02-05-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Nonsense, but you're a moderator so I guess you can say what you think!

fordtruckin 02-05-2020 06:04 PM

Pretty much in any politics these days your choices are raw sewage or pond scum.... anyone that is highly qualified and educated would never want that job!

Reeves1 02-05-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

I agree

You have my vote !

Mavrick 02-05-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

I agree

Here, here. But you want people to shut down, start trying to tell them their country and future is coming apart at the seams. They put their head back in their phone and tell you everything is fine, they still have reception. Going after politicians is useless ( I’ve tried). How do we get the masses on board?

Pathfinder76 02-05-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Horse Feathers.

Scott h 02-05-2020 06:35 PM

The world will always remember that "there was no quid pro quo" ....LMFAO !!!!