Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   High Prairie Trapper Loses All Gear in Fire (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=383954)

Marty S 06-29-2020 07:40 PM

High Prairie Trapper Loses All Gear in Fire

June 3rd I believe, trapper Dave Donahue lost all of his trapping gear to a farm fire. This is the man who makes the Donahue Trap & Bait Holder. He has trapped his whole life as a means to compliment his farm income, and obviously for the love of the fur and our industry as well.

I spoke with Dave on the phone today and suggested that I put a post on the forum here and ask if anybody would care to donate any gear to a trapper in need, he was fine with it....

So does anybody have any gear theyd care to donate to this trapper’s cause? I believe he traps coyote, wolf, fisher and marten mostly. He lost all kinds of traps and snares. If so, please give him a call... 780-751-2239

I guess hes actually closer to Grouard than HP.

Wolftrapper 06-29-2020 07:49 PM

Wow. That's sad news.
Thanks for posting Marty.
I know Dave well but hadn't heard about the fire. I'll give him a call and I will be able to help him out some for sure.

moose maniac 06-29-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty S (Post 4195034)
June 3rd I believe, trapper Dave Donahue lost all of his trapping gear to a farm fire. This is the man who makes the Donahue Trap & Bait Holder. He has trapped his whole life as a means to compliment his farm income, and obviously for the love of the fur and our industry as well.

I spoke with Dave on the phone today and suggested that I put a post on the forum here and ask if anybody would care to donate any gear to a trapper in need, he was fine with it....

So does anybody have any gear theyd care to donate to this trapper’s cause? I believe he traps coyote, wolf, fisher and marten mostly. He lost all kinds of traps and snares. If so, please give him a call... 780-751-2239

I guess hes actually closer to Grouard than HP.

Didn’t he sell his line a couple years ago??

HunterDave 06-30-2020 12:00 AM

Can anything be covered by the Alberta Trappers Compensation Program (ATCP)?

Marty S 06-30-2020 09:47 AM

He did sell his line, now is trapping private land etc. I think he told me he wishes he hadn't sold it, kinda sounds like it kept him out of trouble!!!

I think the trappers comp is just for registered trapper loss on registered lines???

moose maniac 06-30-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty S (Post 4195331)
He did sell his line, now is trapping private land etc. I think he told me he wishes he hadn't sold it, kinda sounds like it kept him out of trouble!!!

I think the trappers comp is just for registered trapper loss on registered lines???

Yeah I kinda figured he would regret it but at least he is still trapping a bit, I got some stuff I will give him a call

Saskfly16 06-30-2020 06:58 PM

Anyone ever insure there trapping gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointer 07-01-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saskfly16 (Post 4195727)
Anyone ever insure there trapping gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my trapping gear is insured along with everything I own. The way crime is these days people would be crazy to not insure everything they own.

35 whelen 07-01-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointer (Post 4196196)
All my trapping gear is insured along with everything I own. The way crime is these days people would be crazy to not insure everything they own.

Who do you get insurance through for that kind of insurance

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Marty S 07-01-2020 02:29 PM

Any homeowners insurance or business insurance can tailor a plan for building's contents, likely renters insurance too.

I'm reliant on building contents insurance for my personal equipment including fleshing machines and other goodies. I think I have fire and theft on both my sled and quad.