Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   I'm Special... (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=337697)

ShortsideK 01-21-2018 07:21 AM

I'm Special...

I fish left handed and tie all of my flies left handed. I also think left handed.

Is the reason I "out-fish" all of my right handed friends due to the fact that I am left handed?

Often feel pity when fishing with right handed people.
:acigar:

Mr Flyguy 01-21-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortsideK (Post 3713661)
I fish left handed and tie all of my flies left handed. I also think left handed.

Is the reason I "out-fish" all of my right handed friends due to the fact that I am left handed?

Huh??? :mad3:

Please pass around some of what you're smoking!

ShortsideK 01-21-2018 07:57 AM

What I mean to say is, since I'm left handed and thus smarter, is that why I out fish the righties?

58thecat 01-21-2018 08:05 AM

I concur!

It's a fact...lefties are more intelligent :)

But I will switch it up to give others a fighting chance.....

Mr Flyguy 01-21-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58thecat (Post 3713684)
I concur!

It's a fact...lefties are more intelligent :)

But I will switch it up to give others a fighting chance.....

Yes, more intelligent than the average trout but that's about it!

58thecat 01-21-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy (Post 3713690)
Yes, more intelligent than the average trout but that's about it!

Depends on the species of trout....not all are created equal.

newflyfisherman 01-21-2018 08:47 AM

I actually heard lefties are only good at catching bottom feeders lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Current 01-21-2018 09:10 AM

😆 Maybe you were just fishing left hand banks!

You left out the most important thing, which hand do you REEL with?? 😆

Bushrat 01-21-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortsideK (Post 3713679)
What I mean to say is, since I'm left handed and thus smarter, is that why I out fish the righties?

No, the dumb fish are always on the left side. You know... like liberals and democrats. They are easy to catch over and over again, these spotted suckers are often confused with trout by left handed anglers. They will rise to any badly presented offering and somehow manage to hook themselves on the dullest rusty bare hook. Often known to rise to poplar fluff these dimwitted fish will also jump repeatedly at derelict broken off flies snagged in tree branches by left handed casters. On the other hand ( the right hand ) the wise and wiley hard to catch fish watch gleefully, nodding and winking as they tell lefty jokes.

Mr Flyguy 01-21-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Current (Post 3713736)
😆 Maybe you were just fishing left hand banks!

You left out the most important thing, which hand do you REEL with?? 😆

Irrelevant question 'cause he doesn't catch any big enough to play off the reel :sHa_shakeshout:

Weedy1 01-21-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

I think the real reason you "out-fish" all of your right handed friends is your friends leave early after they see what you're doing with your right hand.

catnthehat 01-21-2018 10:01 AM

I was told that lefties are better at trolling!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol::scared0018:
Cat

58thecat 01-21-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 3713773)
I was told that lefties are better at trolling!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol::scared0018:
Cat

Hook,line and sinker....get me the net I caught a few....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Don Andersen 01-21-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58thecat (Post 3713811)
Hook,line and sinker....get me the net I caught a few....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ya' - left handers, the most oppressed people in the world. Hated by many through the years. Roasted at the stake even.

But they are in revolt.

Coming to highway near you will be drivers asserting their left handed orientation by driving on the left hand side of the road.

And they will catch more fish only 'cause the trout on the the right handed side of the flow. Dumber over there. fatter too? Easier living without hussling.

Don

ShortsideK 01-21-2018 02:47 PM

Its very nice to see all of the support I'm getting from both sides of the pond.

I was a bit worried that some of the envious righties would put forth some disparaging comments, but as I always do, I chose my words carefully and left little room for dispute.

I am somewhat surprised by the comment made by "newflyfisherman".
Ouch! And after all the nice things I said about your baetis fly.

Was I surprised that Mr Flyguy chimed in? Nope.

Its good to have something to do when the mid-winter blahs set in.

morinj 01-21-2018 02:58 PM

I always felt that a good fisherman isn't measured in how many fish he catches, but how he catches them, new challenges they choose to engage, and wisdom they pass on to others, on the bodies of water they fish (not on a forum). Therefore if one caught a single fish in a tough place to access, and the other one caught many on a popular stretch, who was out fished!

catnthehat 01-21-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortsideK (Post 3713959)
Its very nice to see all of the support I'm getting from both sides of the pond.

I was a bit worried that some of the envious righties would put forth some disparaging comments, but as I always do, I chose my words carefully and left little room for dispute.

I am somewhat surprised by the comment made by "newflyfisherman".
Ouch! And after all the nice things I said about your baetis fly.

Was I surprised that Mr Flyguy chimed in? Nope.

Its good to have something to do when the mid-winter blahs set in.

I am amdidexterous - I can fish just as lousy right handed or left- a double haul to me just means I am twice as tangled as normal!!:budo:
Cat

ShortsideK 01-21-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 3713975)
I am amdidexterous - I can fish just as lousy right handed or left- a double haul to me just means I am twice as tangled as normal!!:budo:
Cat

Ahhhh yes. I do very much the same. Whenever I know I've produced a casting knot, I like to continue making a few more overpowering casts to make sure the knot(s) are in there good and tight.

To clarify, I only get casting knots when I'm showing righties what NOT to do. For some reason, casting knots come so naturally to them.
Lefties, on the other hand, are poetry in motion from the word go. Beautiful to watch.

Mr Flyguy 01-21-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortsideK (Post 3714016)
Ahhhh yes. I do very much the same. Whenever I know I've produced a casting knot, I like to continue making a few more overpowering casts to make sure the knot(s) are in there good and tight.

To clarify, I only get casting knots when I'm showing righties what NOT to do. For some reason, casting knots come so naturally to them.
Lefties, on the other hand, are poetry in motion from the word go. Beautiful to watch.

Yes, like watching paint dry.

coyoteman 01-21-2018 08:00 PM

left---right

Haveing spent over 30 years on nfld salmon rivers,The advantage goes to the lefties or righties depending which side you are on .IE Faceing up stream better for right handed on the right side.advantage goes to left handed on the left side.Biscay bay river for example is primarily a right handed river,just about impossible to fish on the left side,for miles and miles.not so important for trout fishing ,but the long hard casting for salmon its a distinct advantage.

ReconWilly 01-21-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushrat (Post 3713737)
No, the dumb fish are always on the left side. You know... like liberals and democrats. They are easy to catch over and over again, these spotted suckers are often confused with trout by left handed anglers. They will rise to any badly presented offering and somehow manage to hook themselves on the dullest rusty bare hook. Often known to rise to poplar fluff these dimwitted fish will also jump repeatedly at derelict broken off flies snagged in tree branches by left handed casters. On the other hand ( the right hand ) the wise and wiley hard to catch fish watch gleefully, nodding and winking as they tell lefty jokes.

Written gold!

Bjay 02-12-2018 08:06 PM

I love it.----GOOD post
Bjay

wildbill 02-12-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Iffin yer so dang special, why don't yee, change yer handle from ShortsideK, to SpecialK?

FlyTheory 02-12-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortsideK (Post 3713679)

Do you fish for suckerfish on the fly? If not, sorry you’re not smarter.

Deep 02-13-2018 07:45 AM

And on the left topic.....Remember the "Rhino Party" ....they had an idea, Have Canadians switch over to left side of the road (as in Europe) driving. The best part being a phase in starting with large trucks....

jgib01 02-13-2018 11:27 AM

I tie left and cast right... I think I may have ripped a hole in the time-space continuum

Mr Flyguy 02-13-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgib01 (Post 3731331)
I tie left and cast right... I think I may have ripped a hole in the time-space continuum

Or in your knickers:sHa_shakeshout:

Don Andersen 02-13-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Damn right you special. Only 10 % in the population. You even tie your flies backward. Every damn thing you do is backward.
Get real and turn right before the conformists hunt ya' down.
You do know lefties are not tolerated in Alberta.

Don

ShortsideK 02-14-2018 12:34 AM

I've been told that "lefties" hardly do anything "right".

Don Andersen 02-14-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortsideK (Post 3731876)
I've been told that "lefties" hardly do anything "right".

You better get with the program.
According to the Bapists - http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=49703

Don