Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   lethbridge gunsmith (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=18064)

TheClash 08-02-2008 10:05 AM

lethbridge gunsmith

i didn't want to hijack the edmonton gunsmith thread.....so...i spent some quality time behind my browning bps this week...and i think the length of pull is just a bit long for me. and i am a bit skittish about trying to shorten the stock on my own. and recommendations on someone in lethbridge/coaldale/raymond/magrath area that can do this job? thanks all.

thunderbirdiv_17 09-09-2008 12:30 PM

looking for help

I live in lethbridge Alberta and am having trouble finding out how to repair a Squires Bingham Model 20 .22LR it seems that for some reason the gun will only fire one shot and will not fire semi auto. you have to cock it and reload it for every shot? Any thoughts on what could be wrong or where to get it fixed?

elkhunter1234 09-09-2008 06:42 PM

bring it on out Dan, i got one of those there new chop saws, we will fix it up real fine now...:lol::lol:.. the only gunsmith i know of in Lethbridge is Chris Kotkas, he does good work...

Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheClash (Post 170289)
i didn't want to hijack the edmonton gunsmith thread.....so...i spent some quality time behind my browning bps this week...and i think the length of pull is just a bit long for me. and i am a bit skittish about trying to shorten the stock on my own. and recommendations on someone in lethbridge/coaldale/raymond/magrath area that can do this job? thanks all.

Pathfinder76 09-09-2008 07:00 PM

As far as I know he's been gone for 5 or 6 years.

thunderbirdiv_17 09-09-2008 07:33 PM

that sucks if he's gone. Where does a guy go to get a gun fixed then?

TheClash 09-09-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 (Post 182447)
bring it on out Dan, i got one of those there new chop saws, we will fix it up real fine now...:lol::lol:.. the only gunsmith i know of in Lethbridge is Chris Kotkas, he does good work...

Jim

cool, thanks jim...i'll give ya a call someday and we'll "get 'er done"...

hey how did your pups like that food??

M70 09-09-2008 08:10 PM

Chris doesn't have his shop anymore but I think he's still doing gun work out of his home. He worked for a time for the RCMP armourer if I'm not mistaken. I'll bet Ted at Marksman would know how to get a hold of him.

elkhunter1234 09-09-2008 09:13 PM

Ya... he know longer has his shop, but he is back in town and working on gun in his basement..... his number is in the phone book...

Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by M70 (Post 182490)
Chris doesn't have his shop anymore but I think he's still doing gun work out of his home. He worked for a time for the RCMP armourer if I'm not mistaken. I'll bet Ted at Marksman would know how to get a hold of him.

thunderbirdiv_17 09-10-2008 03:23 PM

thanks i'll give him a call or check in down at marksman