Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   No castor gun show today (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=389085)

Dewey Cox 10-17-2020 10:19 AM

No castor gun show today

I had posted a few weeks ago that the castor gun show was this weekend (according to the town newsletter)
I just got back from the hall, and the lights are out, and no one is there.
Hopefully there's not anyone driving out for it.

Dean2 10-17-2020 11:16 AM

Be interested to hear why it was cancelled as I saw no notice is wasn't happening either. If the weather was better I would have been on my way out there.

Grizzly Adams 10-17-2020 12:13 PM

Guys that put these things on have a responsibility to keep people informed, not difficult in the electronic age. :confused:

Grizz

KegRiver 10-17-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4249811)
Be interested to hear why it was cancelled as I saw no notice is wasn't happening either. If the weather was better I would have been on my way out there.

Most gun shows were canceled last spring.
I haven't done a single show this year.

I wonder if maybe the town didn't know that and thought it was a go when it wasn't.

All the shows I do notify me well in advance when a show is pending.

I don't do that show but I know people who do. I could ask them if the were notified. My guess they were, last spring.

Dewey Cox 10-17-2020 02:31 PM

It normally goes on the start of June.
I was pretty excited to see it listed in the town newsletter. That is the only place I saw it posted, though.
Maybe they'll post the cancelation in next month's newsletter....

Dean2 10-17-2020 02:39 PM

Turned out fine as I didn't go anyhow, so no big deal. To be honest, there is so much wrong information on so many things I would have called before heading out to verify it was a go. Would be a real pee off if you drove 2 hours each way for a cancelled show.

tranq78 10-17-2020 07:56 PM

Edmonton gunshow is still on.

I sent an email last week to the organizer of the Edmonton gunshow. I know, it's actually in Stony Plain. He confirmed green light for Oct 24-25.

One of the regular vendors from BC also told me he was going to be there.

KegRiver 10-17-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4249958)
Turned out fine as I didn't go anyhow, so no big deal. To be honest, there is so much wrong information on so many things I would have called before heading out to verify it was a go. Would be a real pee off if you drove 2 hours each way for a cancelled show.

That would be almost as bad as an exhibitor setting up for a show and only one customer shows up.

The organizer of the Dawson Creek show told me that is what happened at the DC show this spring.

I had a table at that show and would have been there if it hadn't been for concerns about my heart.

BTW, it's a four hour drive one way, for me.