Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rental of dress clothes (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=368315)

warriorboy10 08-21-2019 03:11 PM

Rental of dress clothes

Not interested in buying clothes that I will never wear. Anyone aware of where to rent dress clothes from? Just looking for a nice jacket and pants not a suit or tux.

Thanks,

Predatorhunter 08-21-2019 03:17 PM

Try Moores

Dewey Cox 08-21-2019 03:35 PM

Just buy one of those tuxedo t shirts.
It says "I'm formal, but I'm here to party"

CaberTosser 08-21-2019 05:43 PM

Maybe try a thrift store like Value Village or one of those Women in Need thrift shops, that type of clothing is rarely worn to the point it’s ragged. I doubt rental places do much aside from wedding and graduation gear.

pikergolf 08-21-2019 06:10 PM

:thinking-006: In a city like Calgary, it might be a business idea.

JD848 08-21-2019 06:54 PM

Lots of places do this,Black and Lees.

Most men should lease everything in life,home, jewelry, cars, including even her clothing. First you shack up and if it doesn't work pack up and then you have nothing to fight about. Some get Married an F/// up and that's when leasing or renting is a blessing. Specially with all the internet over seas brides in this day and age.Once they find out everything doesn't belong to you or her,loves little fire will be tested if it's real.

tbiddy 08-21-2019 06:57 PM

In my opinion every man should own at least one black suit. It will get worn more than once. If you want a nice jacket and pants, isn't that technically a suit?

When we were in Derks last month getting my wedding party fitted for wedding suits, there was a guy in there renting a suit for a wedding that was happening in 2 hours. He was a guest so he wasn't getting anything fancy. The boys paid $150/ea for the suit rental. I had a suit custom made from Suits by Curtis Eliot for about $1000.

tbiddy 08-21-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD848 (Post 4017333)
Lots of places do this,Black and Lees.

Most men should lease everything in life,home, jewelry, cars, including even her clothing. First you shack up and if it doesn't work pack up and then you have nothing to fight about. Some get Married an F/// up and that's when leasing or renting is a blessing. Specially with all the internet over seas brides in this day and age.Once they find out everything doesn't belong to you or her,loves little fire will be tested if it's real.

If it flies, floats or f##ks, you rent it!

JD848 08-21-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbiddy (Post 4017337)
If it flies, floats or f##ks, you rent it!

Now your talken,i do know a guy who did this and after 5 tries he still has cash and lawyer fee's are low.Haha

mooseknuckle 08-21-2019 07:05 PM

Where are you located? And your height and weight? I have all sorts, i could lend out if need be.

20shadow05 08-21-2019 08:43 PM

Same as above,

Where are you and height, weight, inseam. I may have a suit you can have.

Cheers,

Mark

ceadog 08-23-2019 07:12 AM

I wandered through a value village last night and there’s some decent sport coats and dress pants there. $20 would go a long way. I also scored this truck organizer for $4.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...893345bdd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinelakeperch 08-23-2019 09:00 AM

I'm a big supporter of Value Village as I've found a lot of high quality, lightly worn casual clothes there. Having taken a look at their jackets and dress pants, I can't say that I'd recommend buying your dress clothes from there. If you absolutely don't care about how you look in it, go ahead! You'll be able to walk out of there having spent less than $50 on pants, shirt, jacket and shoes.

I think you'll find that you feel pretty good in a well-fitting suit. For the price you'll pay to rent something, you can probably get something altered off the rack for a few hundred dollars more. I know Moore's often has suits for about $400, and also hold BOGO sales frequently.