Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who is on the KETO diet right now... (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=358645)

RandyBoBandy 07-25-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter64 (Post 4005963)
Absolutely. My blood work is way better and I sleep like a log now. Camped out near a lake in a tent a few weeks ago that was about 100 yards from a railroad crossing. Been going there for years and every time the train rolled by I would wake up, about 5-6 times a night.

Not this time, was there for 4 nights and never heard the train once. My head hits the pillow and I am dead to the world within 5 minutes. Can't wait to get down to my goal and see if I can get off the CPAP machine for the first time in 8 years.

:happy0034: AWESOME !!

RandyBoBandy 07-25-2019 08:32 PM

Just finished reading the "what's for dinner" thread and Omega posted in one of his dinners, little yellow potatoes.
Well KETO peeps, if you chop radishes in half and fry them with butter or bacon, they taste EXACTLY like little yellow/red potatoes !! It's surreal :sHa_shakeshout:

troutbug 07-25-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy (Post 4006105)
Just finished reading the "what's for dinner" thread and Omega posted in one of his dinners, little yellow potatoes.
Well KETO peeps, if you chop radishes in half and fry them with butter or bacon, they taste EXACTLY like little yellow/red potatoes !! It's surreal :sHa_shakeshout:

I do that as well and they are sure tasty

Hiwa 07-25-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 4004391)
How many here added the intermittent fast 16/8 to their Keto plan?

I don't eat after 7 pm until lunch the next day , But I do drink coffee.
That's a solid 12-16 window in which I don't eat , or feel the need to.
Not true fasting , but I don't typically eat during that time , a good chunk of it sleep.
1-2 day fasting periods in the beginning , and it didn't suit me. Skipping breakfast is normal with me anyhow , I just stretch it to lunch ( small) and a regular supper ( Keto of course).

omega50 07-27-2019 11:50 AM

Was wondering if anyone has tried Shirataki Noodles?

Wife loves Vietnamese food on crispy noodle nests so I had a thought of experimenting with frying these 0 carb noodles.

troutbug 07-27-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega50 (Post 4006724)

Wife loves Vietnamese food on crispy noodle nests so I had a thought of experimenting with frying these 0 carb noodles.

Yes they are not bad, key is rinsing them before cooking to

RandyBoBandy 07-27-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

To get rid of the funny smell, rinse the shirataki noodles for 1-2 minutes, then put them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
Then fry them for about 10 minutes (without any butter or oil) to get rid of the moisture. This will give the noodles a nicer texture.

The noodles should be steaming quite a bit. Make sure to stir them so they don't start shrinking and get to dry. When the steam gets less, take them off.

Then the shirataki noodles are ready to be used for whatever dish you're preparing. :)

omega50 07-28-2019 09:24 AM

Started Monday down 8.4lbs as of this morning. Only 111.6 lbs to go:)
Figure the first few weeks will be mostly water loss.

Spidey 07-28-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Like others have said rinse them in water, or better yet drain and soak them in cold water for 15 minutes before using. I would think getting them to "crispy" would take a lot though. If you try this, use the thin "tied up" style and untie them before using. They are super cheap at T&T

https://www.made-in-china.com/showro...Shirataki.html

We've tried them as a substitute for pasta with sauce and cheese and they were just ok. But where they really shine is in noodle soup! We make a keto chicken noodle and hamburger soup and use the linguine-sized shirataki noodles. The texture is perfect and they actually stand up much longer than pasta. They never get mushy like pasta does, so you can make a big batch and it will be good for nearly a week. The kids now prefer this type of noodle soup over traditional.

I also tried a shirataki Pad Thai and was very happy with the results.

Also, Shirataki is really good for gut and colon health.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...01#bottom-line

rocpilefsj 07-28-2019 04:34 PM

Started Keto May 28th @ 264 pounds, couldn’t believe I was one pound away from the max weight limit of the heavy weight division of the ufc... Two months in and I am down to 223 pounds! This is the only diet I have been able to stick with for more than a week or two in my life. I feel much better then I did two months ago. Cheers to everyone!

Adrenaline101 07-28-2019 07:52 PM

Tomorrow is going to be my first official day going for as much keto based diet as I can. Been leaning towards it over the past few weeks and think the timing is right to go full.
Hardest part will be the beer, I'm a big beer drinker and just absolutely love the taste and the act of being able to wander around tinkering with a beer in hand.
Currently 252lb, 6'4" and fairly active, especially with my line of work.
If I dont die from sleep deprivation from a 1 day old baby I can see this working.:oregonian_winesmile

DisplacedCaper 07-28-2019 09:59 PM

Who is on the KETO diet right now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrenaline101 (Post 4007271)
Tomorrow is going to be my first official day going for as much keto based diet as I can. Been leaning towards it over the past few weeks and think the timing is right to go full.

Hardest part will be the beer, I'm a big beer drinker and just absolutely love the taste and the act of being able to wander around tinkering with a beer in hand.

Currently 252lb, 6'4" and fairly active, especially with my line of work.

If I dont die from sleep deprivation from a 1 day old baby I can see this working.:oregonian_winesmile

I’m 6’foot3 and started at 255. I now have an almost 2 month old baby and it’s much easier at 189:)
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kinwahkly 07-29-2019 07:40 PM

I am down 65 lbs since Feb.

omega50 07-30-2019 09:21 AM

Gallaghers Pub Keto Nights

Gallaghers Pub and Eatery in Calgary NE has a Keto Menu everyday.
Also has Keto Tuesday Special 25% off Keto Menu

Also host occasional Keto Info events. One was held last Sunday

http://gallaghers.pub/wp-content/upl...u-May-2019.pdf

threeforthree 07-30-2019 03:24 PM

One more beer or one more day with your daughter!!!!! You can do it and we are all here to back you up!

hunter64 07-31-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeforthree (Post 4008115)
One more beer or one more day with your daughter!!!!! You can do it and we are all here to back you up!

This is a great thread, lots of help and here to back each other up. Weighed in last Saturday and down 80 lbs total so far.

Had kind of a fashion show last Saturday night as I was going to bed I thought maybe another month before I can get into my suit that I wore as the best man for a friends wedding in 2009. I blew the dust off it and both the wife and I were shocked to find that it just drapes on me now, you would have to take in the pants 6 inches to even stay up. I said go get a garbage bag and off to the donation bin it goes. I then found some company shirts that were way to small for me and haven't been able to wear for the last 10 years. They fit perfect now. I must have emptied 1/4 of my closet of shirts that were way to big now. I just buy the cheap crappy jeans now because I can get maybe a month out of them and that it is, they are to big. I am not going back.

omega50 07-31-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter64 (Post 4008562)
This is a great thread, lots of help and here to back each other up. Weighed in last Saturday and down 80 lbs total so far.

Had kind of a fashion show last Saturday night as I was going to bed I thought maybe another month before I can get into my suit that I wore as the best man for a friends wedding in 2009. I blew the dust off it and both the wife and I were shocked to find that it just drapes on me now, you would have to take in the pants 6 inches to even stay up. I said go get a garbage bag and off to the donation bin it goes. I then found some company shirts that were way to small for me and haven't been able to wear for the last 10 years. They fit perfect now. I must have emptied 1/4 of my closet of shirts that were way to big now. I just buy the cheap crappy jeans now because I can get maybe a month out of them and that it is, they are to big. I am not going back.

Holey Shisk-a-Bob
80lbs in about 4 months.
Amazing-Keep it going.
Hope to have results half as good as you

DisplacedCaper 07-31-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter64 (Post 4008562)

Crazy eh. I had to do the same thing. 2 bags went off to the donation bin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tirebob 07-31-2019 03:52 PM

I don't do Keto technically, but I have eliminated most crummy carbs from my diet and eat a serious amount more veggies along with my meat and combined with IF (16/8) I have gone from 322lbs in June 2018 to 232.5lbs today at 6 foot tall "ish" (was 6'1" for ever but over the last 10 years I have shrunk a bit apparently). I actually lost all this weight in about 9 months (almost 90lbs!) but this summer I haven't been near as dedicated with all the stuff we have been busy with, but I have been sticking with the 16/8 eating schedule and I have not gained anything back (maybe up and down a couple pounds regularly with just water weight) so I am happy. I am getting myself ready for another push to lose another 20lbs to 30lbs but really even if I never lost another pound I would not be disappointed. I feel better now at almost 50 than I did in my 30's! Woot!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Austin 07-31-2019 07:43 PM

That’s awesome tirebob. I too started out that high and looking to get the 90 - 100 lbs off. 1 month and my first 20 is off.

RandyBoBandy 07-31-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tirebob (Post 4008594)
I don't do Keto technically, but I have eliminated most crummy carbs from my diet and eat a serious amount more veggies along with my meat and combined with IF (16/8) I have gone from 322lbs in June 2018 to 232.5lbs today at 6 foot tall "ish" (was 6'1" for ever but over the last 10 years I have shrunk a bit apparently). I actually lost all this weight in about 9 months (almost 90lbs!) but this summer I haven't been near as dedicated with all the stuff we have been busy with, but I have been sticking with the 16/8 eating schedule and I have not gained anything back (maybe up and down a couple pounds regularly with just water weight) so I am happy. I am getting myself ready for another push to lose another 20lbs to 30lbs but really even if I never lost another pound I would not be disappointed. I feel better now at almost 50 than I did in my 30's! Woot!! :sHa_shakeshout:

It's the SCOTCH :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcastic lol: Well done Sir :)

Sundancefisher 08-01-2019 02:17 PM

I am now sitting at 204 from 252. Pretty happy with that weight. Stopped Keto for 3 months and didn’t gain.

tirebob 08-01-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 4008683)
That’s awesome tirebob. I too started out that high and looking to get the 90 - 100 lbs off. 1 month and my first 20 is off.

Keep at it man! It is amazing the physical changes you will go through. Life is so much better without the damage all that extra weight was causing...

tirebob 08-01-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy (Post 4008755)
It's the SCOTCH :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcastic lol: Well done Sir :)

I keep telling my wife that... “Babe... Without the scotch I would be huge so you just have to keep letting me spend money on it, and understand that the higher quality the better it works!” LOL! I don’t think she believes me though... :mad0030:

Austin 08-02-2019 09:42 PM

Did my weekly weigh in this AM. This week the weight loss has stalled... I measure food. I weigh food. I use macro app... maybe should try more walks and bike rides this long weekend. Only thing I tried differently this week was I tried the intermittent fasting 16/8 - started meals at lunch time. Hmmm maybe?

tirebob 08-02-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 4009598)
Did my weekly weigh in this AM. This week the weight loss has stalled... I measure food. I weigh food. I use macro app... maybe should try more walks and bike rides this long weekend. Only thing I tried differently this week was I tried the intermittent fasting 16/8 - started meals at lunch time. Hmmm maybe?

dont worry... A week is not a stall. Your body goes through peaks and valleys like anything. I would sometimes stall for multiple weeks in a row and then BAM! 7 pounds gone just like that. It happens.

omega50 08-04-2019 07:45 AM

End of Week 2 and I lost an incredible 58 grams this week.:sHa_shakeshout:

The future is bright

threeforthree 08-04-2019 09:45 AM

Damn near impossible!!!

threeforthree 08-04-2019 02:21 PM

may be going a little too far!!

LOL

https://i.postimg.cc/gJF1dbxM/IMG-E0081.jpgbest free photo upload sites

troutbug 08-04-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega50 (Post 4010011)
End of Week 2 and I lost an incredible 58 grams this week.:sHa_shakeshout:

The future is bright

Dont go by the scale. Measure yourself as inches will fall off but weight we fluctuate