Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FHA’s March Auction Will Proceed as Scheduled (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=378035)

HunterDave 03-14-2020 12:08 PM

FHA’s March Auction Will Proceed as Scheduled

March 13, 2020

FHA’s March Auction Will Proceed as Scheduled

With encouragement from the trade, FHA’s March 24-26 auction (on show from March 20) will be conducted as scheduled. In light of COVID-19, and to ensure the health of our customers and staff, which remains our paramount concern, multiple measures have been implemented.

Advice from Health Officials

FHA is continuously monitoring the advice and direction of Canadian health officials, and is implementing their recommendations.

Access

Access to the building will be limited to buyers/brokers/customers, auction house staff and a very limited number of pre-approved and necessary visitors. Access will be denied to those who have not pre-registered.
Only buyers/brokers/customers and auction house staff will be permitted in the auction room.

General Health

FHA continues to monitor and abide by the recommendations of Canadian health officials. Those who feel ill should not attend the auction. Masks will be provided for all those who wish to have them, although Canadian health officials advise that the use of masks is not recommended for healthy individuals. Commonly touched surfaces, such as door handles and keyboards will be disinfected frequently. Hand sanitizer will be provided, and reminders regarding personal hygiene will be prominently posted.

Food and Beverage

There will be no self-serve access to food and beverage. Cafeteria staff will dispense all food and beverages,
including bottled water.

Hotels

We have been in touch with area hotels, including the Crowne Plaza Airport, where the majority of our customers and staff will be staying, and they have indicated that they are closely monitoring the situation and are complying with Canadian health guidelines.

We appreciate the ongoing support of the trade as we work through this difficult situation together.

Big Grey Wolf 03-15-2020 09:37 AM

Fha

Great to hear auction still going ahead, hope for good turnout so prices will be solid, not hoping for high prices under circumstances.

HunterDave 03-16-2020 01:14 PM

Our borders are now closed to foreign buyers. I hope that the online bidding process works well. :scared:

Marty S 03-16-2020 01:34 PM

Im hearing bad things. Better check in

kingrat 03-16-2020 01:52 PM

Postponed until end of may, sucks but prob a good choice.

HunterDave 03-16-2020 11:48 PM

Stuff is getting real now and I think that a postponed auction may be the least of our worries real soon. The way that this virus is spreading I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the second auction is postponed as well. Might as well plan on putting all plans on hold indefinitely. It sucks big time for people counting on their fur money but it is what it is.

I’m not overly concerned with catching the virus for my own health but I’m definitely social distancing. This week in the skinning shed and then trapping beaver and muskrats until they get chewed up.......then more time in the shed.

Time to take this virus seriously I think. Take care Troops. :happy0034:

204ruger 03-17-2020 09:22 AM

So glad to see all my fur in the hands of a buyer and not sitting in a auction warehouse.

HunterDave 03-17-2020 02:13 PM

FHA just announced that they are developing a remote (online?) auction. Apparently this was at the buyer’s request. Details to be announced by the end of the week.

HunterDave 03-18-2020 10:20 PM

It looks like the MARCH auction is going ahead.......

REGISTERING FOR THE FHA MARCH REMOTE AUCTION

1. All buyers must register for the auction.

2. For new buyers, provide your company name, address, including postal/zip code, phone number and fax number to reaton@furharvesters.com. You will be required tomake a 35% deposit on your intended purchases. You will be provided with wiretransfer information once you have been approved as a buyer.

3. For existing buyers with a current FHA buyer/bid number, you only need to provideyour name and buyer number, and arrange your deposit as usual.

4. Once the foregoing is complete, you will be provided with a unique remote auction buyer/bid number and password to access the auction site. You will also be provided with the remote auction rules.

South west trappin RG 03-19-2020 06:12 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...7a6cc99f2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger7mm 03-19-2020 11:21 AM

Fha’s March auction will

Am I ever glad I sold all my fur to private buyers. Good luck to all of you that have fur left to sell. Hopefully it will work out well for you, and you will be greatly rewarded for taking the chance.

Saskfly16 03-19-2020 03:45 PM

All pick ups suspended and May auction in the fall.

HunterDave 03-19-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saskfly16 (Post 4130693)
All pick ups suspended and May auction in the fall.

ALL FHA FUR PICK-UPS POSTPONED

Effective immediately all Canadian and United States fur pickups are CANCELLED. Due to the increased threat of the COVID19 Virus we do not want to put in danger our pick up agents and the trappers of this continent. Routes will be rescheduled and posted once the situation is under control. We hope to be in a position to reschedule our routes later this spring and hold a September Auction.

Trappers are the most self sufficient independent breed alive and all of us here at Fur Harvesters Auction Inc North Bay wishes you all safe harbor until this subsides.

Respectfully,

Mark Downey
Chief Executive Officer

HunterDave 03-20-2020 12:24 PM

Looks like the online auction is a GO.......March 24 to April 2.

March 20, 2020

FHA'S CURRENT PLAN OF ACTION

The escalating pace of the Covid-19 virus makes it difficult to lay out a concrete plan to prepare a live auction. As borders are closing and travel between provinces and states are beginning to tighten our decision to momentarily postpone our fur routes is the right thing to do at this time.

Our focus now is on preparing our online auction scheduled to begin March 24th and close on April 2nd. The amount of interest in buyers registering is very encouraging as there is a demand for many species.

This auction will be our first attempt in hosting an online sale and we intend on holding to respectable levels. It is possible that we could have our next scheduled auction as posted starting May 30th through June 2nd if the virus subsides. This would depend on the success of our upcoming online auction as to how much or how little goods were sold.

We have received a great deal of input and feedback from the International fur trade to hold a September auction if possible. This would have us rescheduling our pick up routes to run in late spring.

Fur will still continue to be received at our warehouses in Wisconsin, Winnipeg and North Bay Headquarters. As well we advise trappers to contact their pick up agent for details on shipping and receiving fur at their locations.

Respectfully,

Mark Downey
Chief Executive Officer

Saskfly16 03-20-2020 07:17 PM

Lotting/grades are up.

kingrat 03-20-2020 08:07 PM

Very happy with my beaver and rats and what is a,b,c,d with coyotes and foxes? Color codes?

HunterDave 03-20-2020 08:51 PM

Yeah, I’d like to know what those letters mean too. They aren’t on the grading terminology page.

I’m still missing a half dozen 2XXL beaver and a half dozen coyotes. All my labeled fur are 3-4’s so by the looks of it the missing coyotes are the higher grading 1-2’s........I hope.

Marty S 03-21-2020 12:51 AM

A B C D

Colour you dollopheads!!!!

A colour super
D colour very dark

WOW!!! An auction house thats going back go old fashioned grading!!! I hated NAFA for all their mish mash colouring... GD MED Dk, DK BRN and like2 coyotes in a thousand make good colour!

Cool... history repeating itself. Colour being made great again!
And then we will see the fur market go the way it did after tge stock market crash of ‘87??? That part... UNCOOL!!!

I became disgruntled with NAFA over the mish mash throw all colours everywhere grading long ago. I used to target the the best of the best coyotes but it was pointless with the colouring huck job they did. Just huck the brite colours everywhere and call them DK BRN

Maybe ill have to send FHA some SSL pale coyotes???

I think ill wait until after the depression has set in and run its course!!!

kingrat 03-21-2020 07:59 AM

Different color lettering but it's the same coyote grader who did all of nafas coyotes Marty. And as if your gonna send some in when your a buyer for groeny. Now that's funny.

kingrat 03-21-2020 08:48 AM

I will say that in all my years shipping to nafa I could count on two hands how many beavers and muskrats graded eastern. Fha graded 3/4 of my beavers and muskrats as eastern so we'll see what happens.

kingrat 03-21-2020 08:53 AM

And another thing on coyotes a is super pale but on foxes it means super dark so the opposite. A d on foxes is super pale not sure why they wouldn't just keep it the same but whatever.

heretohunt 03-21-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South west trappin RG (Post 4130310)

Probably bet to promote “prevents covid 19” or we will all have lineups of infected partners. 😀

Saskfly16 03-21-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 4131539)
And another thing on coyotes a is super pale but on foxes it means super dark so the opposite. A d on foxes is super pale not sure why they wouldn't just keep it the same but whatever.

Think it’s what the buyer is looking for is the “A”.

trigger7mm 03-23-2020 08:49 PM

FHA tomorrow?

Please forgive me guys if this comes off as a stupid question, but is the FHA auction still on for tomorrow?

HunterDave 03-23-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigger7mm (Post 4133317)
Please forgive me guys if this comes off as a stupid question, but is the FHA auction still on for tomorrow?

I haven’t heard any differently.......Mar 24 - Apr 2.......online though.

Last I looked i’m Still missing 6 beaver and 6 coyotes.

wolfcrazy 03-23-2020 09:14 PM

Has anyone seen the order of the sale? I had found it once but it appears to have moved.

HunterDave 03-23-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfcrazy (Post 4133329)
Has anyone seen the order of the sale? I had found it once but it appears to have moved.

I don’t think that there is one anymore. My understanding is that buyers have access to the lots and bidding on all items commences Mar 24 and closes on April 2.

“By Monday, March 23, registered buyers will receive an electronic auction catalog with valuations, login information, a bid number and complete bidding information. The auction will commence on Tuesday, March 24 and will continue until 17:00 EDT on Thursday, April 2.”

To me it sounds like a silent auction type of thing but i’m Not sure. Hopefully buyers can see that the top bid and have the opportunity to outbid it. :confused:

kingrat 03-24-2020 06:58 AM

According to a buyer on trapper talk that's almost exactly right. Like ebay she says. Fha has a starting bid and you cant go below that so thats good. The problem is stuff like bears and wolves etc that buyers like to see first before they buy it.I think coyotes, some beavers and rats will do ok.

wolfcrazy 03-24-2020 02:31 PM

I got a respond from FHA and it is like a silent auction and the sale price of the fur will be posted on April 3rd.

Good luck everyone!

HunterDave 03-25-2020 10:09 AM

Is anyone else missing fur from their account? I'm still missing 6 coyote and 6 beaver. This has happened before with NAFA but they always showed up before the auction started.