Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stephen Harper: Like him or not.He's the guy to boot Turdo (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=375765)

tallieho 01-24-2020 05:40 AM

Stephen Harper: Like him or not.He's the guy to boot Turdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylY...mkWeqBQECkUVwU

calgarychef 01-24-2020 07:31 AM

One of the best PM’s we’ve had. I doubt that he’d run again.

sns2 01-24-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgarychef (Post 4098505)
One of the best PM’s we’ve had. I doubt that he’d run again.

For my money, THE BEST PM we have ever had. Could he overcome the demonization the left wing media would rain down on him though?

tirebob 01-24-2020 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 4098507)
For my money, THE BEST PM we have ever had. Could he overcome the demonization the left wing media would rain down on him though?

Heck, back in the day even I thought his time was done and we needed fresh blood but now with that dang hindsight trick in play I would jump for joy if he would make a comeback and run against the turd!! Live and learn...

elkhunter11 01-24-2020 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 4098507)

And that is the problem, between the liberal controlled media, and the puppets like Dias and Unifor, they would make Harper out to be a villain and many gullible voters would believe their nonsense. That is why I would like to see a woman like Ambrose leading the party it would be much more difficult to make her out to be a villain.

Grizzly Adams 01-24-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4098511)
And that is the problem, between the liberal controlled media, and the puppets like Dias and Unifor, they would make Harper out to be a villain and many gullible voters would believe their nonsense. That is why I would like to see a woman like Ambrose leading the party it would be much more difficult to make her out to be a villain.

We don't need another Mr. Nice Guy. We need someone who'll grab Trudeau by the balls and squeeze. :D

Grizz

elkhunter11 01-24-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams (Post 4098516)
We don't need another Mr. Nice Guy. We need someone who'll grab Trudeau by the balls and squeeze. :D

Grizz

We need someone who be elected with a majority, a tough guy that the liberals can turn the voters against, so he doesn't get elected is worthless to us.

Drewski Canuck 01-24-2020 08:43 AM

When Harper lost power, he was up against a young progressive, who trolled out his eye candy wife and his young family man image with his young kids. In other words, someone just like the Voters, .... Without the 50 Million Trust Fund of Course!!!

Harper was old and grey, and curiously ALONE on the stage.

Who ever Harper's handlers were did not understand that you fight fire with fire. What a bunch of amateurs! Running the attack ads did little to sway the Voters.

Harper had his record of a Decade of growth and prosperity to flaunt, but did not do so.

Yes JT may be having some real world problems this time around pulling out the wife and kids and being seen as a progressive, but Voters are like car buyers. They go for the looks, not the substance.

What voters hate is increased taxes, increased debt, inflation, and loss of buying power. Regardless of how "green" the voter thinks he is.

We are all in it for the money at some level. If not, you would live on the streets helping the poor and down trodden drug users, and spending all your money to make those who would take all your money to buy more drugs that much happier.

That is the trouble of social justice fashion. Few will put their own money down to support what they espouse.

JT has no answer for the mis handling of the Economy and the National Debt.

JT has no justification for the tens of millions Canada has spent in Afghanistan while our First Nations communities turn into Third World Ghettos under a corrupt leadership.

JT has no connection with the World Super Powers to give Canada fair treatment on the World Stage.

While Harper lacks the curb appeal, he can answer for all that JT has bungled, but the Conservatives need someone with Curb Appeal, to get elected.

That's just how fickle and short sighted the Voters have always been.

Drewski

pinelakeperch 01-24-2020 08:45 AM

I'm not sure how you couldn't like him. Strong, intelligent, experienced, educated, and cares about Western Canada's issues.

zabbo 01-24-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinelakeperch (Post 4098544)
I'm not sure how you couldn't like him. Strong, intelligent, experienced, educated, and cares about Western Canada's issues.

The red highlight says it all. Even the lower mainland would never support him. Before the 2015 election, I spoke with a friend from the island. All he could say was, "We gotta get rid of Harper". When I asked why?, he couldn't give me an answer, simply, "we gotta get rid of Harper". At this point I'm honestly not sure any conservative leader can win at the federal level. If you think that's crap, take a serious look at last falls election results. The turd practically shot himself in the head ( lav scam, Jody Wilson, little paper sorta juice box thingys and so many more ). While he did loose some seats in qeeeebec, pretty much all the east coast voted for him, still got support from qeeeebec and Ontario and it was all over at the Ontario/Manitoba border. Check out election results from the Globe and Mail. Scroll down to the map, zoom in and you can see the riding by riding results. It really is sad if not downright scary!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...on2019/results

:thinking-006::thinking-006:

pinelakeperch 01-24-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabbo (Post 4098566)
The red highlight says it all. Even the lower mainland would never support him. Before the 2015 election, I spoke with a friend from the island. All he could say was, "We gotta get rid of Harper". When I asked why?, he couldn't give me an answer, simply, "we gotta get rid of Harper". At this point I'm honestly not sure any conservative leader can win at the federal level. If you think that's crap, take a serious look at last falls election results. The turd practically shot himself in the head ( lav scam, Jody Wilson, little paper sorta juice box thingys and so many more ). While he did loose some seats in qeeeebec, pretty much all the east coast voted for him, still got support from qeeeebec and Ontario and it was all over at the Ontario/Manitoba border. Check out election results from the Globe and Mail. Scroll down to the map, zoom in and you can see the riding by riding results. It really is sad if not downright scary!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...on2019/results

:thinking-006::thinking-006:

You can care about Western Canadian issues while caring about the overall country's issues. I didn't mean to say that it would be a positive to solely care about a particular region, rather, that having a vision that includes the country in its entirety would be a positive.

I would say that a lot of Trudeau's win came from running against a weak opponent, not dissimilar to Trump vs Hillary down south. I don't think Trump wins that election (or this coming election) against a strong, well-liked candidate.

elkhunter11 01-24-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinelakeperch (Post 4098544)

None of which matters to the voters east of Saskatchewan. It isn't about ability or qualifications with many voters.

zabbo 01-24-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinelakeperch (Post 4098576)
You can care about Western Canadian issues while caring about the overall country's issues. I didn't mean to say that it would be a positive to solely care about a particular region, rather, that having a vision that includes the country in its entirety would be a positive.

I would say that a lot of Trudeau's win came from running against a weak opponent, not dissimilar to Trump vs Hillary down south. I don't think Trump wins that election (or this coming election) against a strong, well-liked candidate.

Yes, I guess you could care about Western Issues, but why would the turd? Take a good look at the map. Other than 4 red seats in Winnipeg you can't find another till you hit western B.C. Like it or not, that pretty much infers, even a conservative leader, (regardless of who it is) and government doesn't want to show too much love for the west or they won't be in power long, if ever. As far as any federal government is concerned Alberta, Saskatchewan and even eastern B.C. are out here alone with our tails hanging in the wind! :budo:

Smoky buck 01-24-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabbo (Post 4098620)
Yes, I guess you could care about Western Issues, but why would the turd? Take a good look at the map. Other than 4 red seats in Winnipeg you can't find another till you hit western B.C. Like it or not, that pretty much infers, even a conservative leader, (regardless of who it is) and government doesn't want to show too much love for the west or they won't be in power long, if ever. As far as any federal government is concerned Alberta, Saskatchewan and even eastern B.C. are out here alone with our tails hanging in the wind! :budo:

Pretty much

How things are presently politicians pander to the east because that is what makes or breaks the election for them. Unfortunately the wants/needs/opinions of east and west are very different at this time and basically in conflict. It’s going to be tough for a politician who supports the views of the west to win a federal majority theses days

KGB 01-24-2020 11:32 AM

I would give my left testicle to get Harper back in the game!

elkhunter11 01-24-2020 12:08 PM

Dias and Unifor spent $1.3 million to smear Scheer, how many million would they spend to smear Harper.?

JD848 01-24-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4098607)
None of which matters to the voters east of Saskatchewan. It isn't about ability or qualifications with many voters.

That is totally wrong, just because JT got in ,many areas where very close at the polls in the east . JT won with his one million votes he paid for by new Canadians, so stop your horse s///t comments it's nauseating and I don know of one person who likes JT,so your info is wrong.

90 percent of my friends are out west in Alberta and they all think like I do.

Who's fault was it when the NDP got into Alberta ?

Get off you ivory tower and get on your white horse and go for a ride and talk to many who live east of sask, you tell them there JT lovers you may not make it back.

Man you are prize and a half.Your arrogance towards other trumps it all because your madness blinds the way you think.

No apology this time for accusing us on being on the same side as JT,were angry also so don't throw allegations around you have no clue about.I take this as a dam insult so it is what it is,you been repeating this same comment over and over, but today you will be corrected.

Almost sounds like you work for CBC with your comments .

You want to accuse us all of being the enemy well then you better lace up your boots tightly,because you are wrong ELK.

JD

The Elkster 01-24-2020 12:20 PM

As a staunch conservative you can love him all you want but if Harper is voted back in you may as well hand the liberals another election. The voter base is already leaning quite a bit left and Harper is not considered a moderate in most of the country. If Cons are to have any chance next time around they have to find someone who is viewed as a moderate by key swing voters. That means they have to appease the moderate green crowd (voters with green issues as one priority but willing to shift vote depending on overall platform). They are the source of the lefts recent power. Mackay has a chance maybe but he has to be seen as socially moderate at minimum. Seems the seas are parting for him to get the leadership anyways. Time will tell.

Jadham 01-24-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tirebob (Post 4098510)
Heck, back in the day even I thought his time was done and we needed fresh blood but now with that dang hindsight trick in play I would jump for joy if he would make a comeback and run against the turd!! Live and learn...

Certainly was tired of him myself. The writing was on the wall at the time...wish he took one for the “team” and looked after proper succession planning. Very few PMs (?any) get a fourth term - his hubris was his downfall.

Trudeau has turned out far worse than most expected... no senior liberals from the Martin/Chrétien era to moderate his progressive communist agenda. The modern liberal would be almost unrecognizable to the ones of that era (when things more centered).

Never voted in that election ... for better or worse.

Political talk on the forum was entertaining at that time. Have to chuckle about it a little.

elkhunter11 01-24-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD848 (Post 4098688)
That is totally wrong, just because JT got in ,many areas where very close at the polls in the east . JT won with his one million votes he paid for by new Canadians, so stop your horse s///t comments it's nauseating and I don know of one person who likes JT,so your info is wrong.

Get off you ivory tower and get on your white horse and go for a ride and talk to many who live east of sask, you tell them there JT lovers you may not make it back.

Man you are prize and a half.Your arrogance towards other trumps it all because your madness blinds the way you think.

No apology this time for accusing us on being on the same side as JT,were angry also so don't throw allegations around you have no clue about.I take this as a dam insult so it is what it is,you been repeating this same comment over and over, but today you will be corrected.

You want to accuse us all of being the enemy well then you better lace up your boots tightly,because you are wrong ELK.

JD

Trudeau's liberals received almost 6 million votes, which means that even if one million new Canadians voted for him about 5 million other people also voted for him. If those five million hadn't voted for him the million new Canadian votes wouldn't have won him anything. And if you look where those votes won him the seats he got, look at the link below, he won the most seats in Ontario many in Quebec and most of the seats in Atlantic Canada. No not everyone in those provinces voted for Trudeau but millions did, enough to give him those seats and the election.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ng-map-results

Jadham 01-24-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadham (Post 4098696)
Certainly was tired of him myself. The writing was on the wall at the time...wish he took one for the “team” and looked after proper succession planning. Very few PMs (?any) get a fourth term - his hubris was his downfall.

Hmm looking through the stats the last 4th term PM was PET.

It will be interesting to see who gets the leadership... my bets would be on MacKay.

elkhunter11 01-24-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadham (Post 4098726)
Hmm looking through the stats the last 4th term PM was PET.

It will be interesting to see who gets the leadership... my bets would be on MacKay.

And the liberals are likely hoping it is McKay, so they can use the CBC propaganda machine and Dias and Unifor to make a villain of of him like they did Scheer.

JD848 01-24-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4098724)
Trudeau's liberals received almost 6 million votes, which means that even if one million new Canadians voted for him about 5 million other people also voted for him. If those five million hadn't voted for him the million new Canadian votes wouldn't have won him anything. And if you look where those votes won him the seats he got, look at the link below, he won the most seats in Ontario many in Quebec and most of the seats in Atlantic Canada. No not everyone in those provinces voted for Trudeau but millions did, enough to give him those seats and the election.

I understand all of this,but still out of those five million many of them have came to this country in the past 15 years.

There were plenty of polls I seen that were very close in the Toronto areas and such with many new immigrants, northern Ontario is 1300 miles away from this heavy JT zone so we don't live in Trudeau land.

Farmers,loggers,mining corps you name it you start about JT and there hair stands on the neck.They don't want our guns taken away or hate the oil and gas industry it's the ones who know nothing about it that are voting for JT living in Toronto which has 2.8 million and the other cities all tied into it for 200 miles there's another 2 million.
So this area needs some one to take a strangle hold of this area and it won't change for decades, there's to much misery all across the country in the way JT is taking this country down ,but there needs to be someone in politics that want a change and it's coming.

He may have divided the country in certain ways,but in the long run it will all backfire in his face,but we need a good leader to take him out,the world is changing fast with all the media and environmentalists who are half nuts who promote this donkey.

JD

elkhunter11 01-24-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD848 (Post 4098742)
I understand all of this,but still out of those five million many of them have came to this country in the past 15 years.

There were plenty of polls I seen that were very close in the Toronto areas and such with many new immigrants, northern Ontario is 1300 miles away from this heavy JT zone so we don't live in Trudeau land.

Farmers,loggers,mining corps you name it you start about JT and there hair stands on the neck.They don't want our guns taken away or hate the oil and gas industry it's the ones who know nothing about it that are voting for JT living in Toronto which has 2.8 million and the other cities all tied into it for 200 miles there's another 2 million.
So this area needs some one to take a strangle hold of this area and it won't change for decades, there's to much misery all across the country in the way JT is taking this country down ,but there needs to be someone in politics that want a change and it's coming.

He may have divided the country in certain ways,but in the long run it will all backfire in his face,but we need a good leader to take him out,the world is changing fast with all the media and environmentalists who are half nuts who promote this donkey.

JD

The problem goes way beyond new immigrants it goes as far as social engineering in our education system both in grade school and in the universities . And as far as Norther Ontario goes only the western side supported Scheer the east split between the liberals and the NDP.

Bigwoodsman 01-24-2020 02:32 PM

This entire thread is moot, discussing how a man who I feel was a great PM, maybe the best we've had, who has no intentions of returning and leading the CPC.

We should focus on finding someone who can lead the CPC to a majority government, and it would be a cherry on top to wipe out the Liberal party. If we don't find this person, it will surely result in a third term for sparkle socks.

SO what could have been, or should have been won't help us now. We need to vet out a candidate that can do this. It's time for new blood in the CPC party, sure Mckay would be ok, but he isn't the answer.

BW

JD848 01-24-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4098745)
The problem goes way beyond new immigrants it goes as far as social engineering in our education system both in grade school and in the universities . And as far as Norther Ontario goes only the western side supported Scheer the east split between the liberals and the NDP.

I live on the western side a long way away from Saskatchewan,that all I want to say.

JD

zabbo 01-24-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD848 (Post 4098688)

JD

You're taking this kinda personal JD. Nobody is saying you personally voted for, or support the turd. I don't doubt there are many people in Ontario and further east that can't stand him. Even through all that, they hold their noses and vote for him because they know a fiscally responsible conservative government is going to cut back on cash flow and try to balance the books. The feds debt is over $700 billion and growing rapidly, the Ontario debt is $350 billion and growing. Check out these links from the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.

http://www.debtclock.ca/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgJEVvD_BwE
https://www.debtclock.ca/provincial-...0aAjsIEALw_wcB

Google the info for yourself if you don't like these. In the final analysis, the odds of the conservatives governing Canada are pretty slim, regardless of who leads the party. J M H O based on the information I'm seeing. :)

JD848 01-24-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabbo (Post 4098766)
You're taking this kinda personal JD. Nobody is saying you personally voted for, or support the turd. I don't doubt there are many people in Ontario and further east that can't stand him. Even through all that, they hold their noses and vote for him because they know a fiscally responsible conservative government is going to cut back on cash flow and try to balance the books. The feds debt is over $700 billion and growing rapidly, the Ontario debt is $350 billion and growing. Check out these links from the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.

http://www.debtclock.ca/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgJEVvD_BwE
https://www.debtclock.ca/provincial-...0aAjsIEALw_wcB

Google the info for yourself if you don't like these. In the final analysis, the odds of the conservatives governing Canada are pretty slim, regardless of who leads the party. J M H O based on the information I'm seeing. :)

YES maybe I did take it a bit personally,but I keep hearing the same thing over and over from others also and I just wanted say my side of it.I never get into politics online so today I said my piece and it's over.I would just like to see someone step up and remove JT from power and straighten this mess out.

The town where I lived was liberal and Nault who was a railway worker who ran this area who just got taken out,i worked with his dad 45 years ago etc and I can't count the number of times I had it out with him and I'm just lucky I kept my cool or they would have locked me up.

My political career ends as of now online.

JD

JDK71 01-24-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4098724)

I know a lot of oilfield companies in Alberta that will not hire anyone from east of sask . Very unfortunate for the ones that voted blue

IronNoggin 01-24-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck (Post 4098543)
... but the Conservatives need someone with Curb Appeal, to get elected.

Ambrose said NO.
Poilievre said NO.
Rempel is waffling.
Harper won't do it (nor should he at this point).

Leaving McKay?
The race is already lost...

Nog