Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Private Messages (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=6590)

Nationwide 09-27-2007 12:46 PM

Private Messages

I would like to ask if you sent a private message to someone and the other party makes it puplic is this Crossing the line of private messageing no matter what was say .

1.Yes it's crossing the line and shouldnt be made puplic even if you dont like the person .
2.No it's not wrong you can do what you like the pm was sent to you.

russ 09-27-2007 12:51 PM

you should've let sleeping dog's lie.

Why would you even tell someone that you put them on ignore? If you were looking for a reaction, well you got it.

gunslinger 09-27-2007 01:01 PM

jesus

jees i cant bellieve this stuff sometimes,,,,,jamie your killing me here.

Jamie 09-27-2007 01:06 PM

Easy now Nationwide....
I didn't post your message, I posted your action.
Pm is not sacred ground, but if you really wanted it to be confidential you should have done one of 3 things

#1 ask me to keep it confidential

#2 not sent such a STUPID message

#3 and perhaps the proper one. Stayed out of a conversation that was none of your business. I only started that thread because I didn't want to Hijack another good one. Perhaps I should have stated that at the beginning, but that thread was in response to comments made by another member on another thread. I did mention (in the original thread that I would start a separate one).

Anyhow.. Let me know if your ignoring me or not.. Its got me all in a tizzy!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jamie

-NDN- 09-27-2007 02:09 PM

PM = Private Message.

if i sent Jamie a PM (Private Message) and he posted my PM (Private Message) around, i would hunt him down, and beat him with his own wooden leg, while yelling out, "Private Message That Biatch", .......:D but that, is, just me

700TI 09-27-2007 02:19 PM

Nationwide, you have to remember it's JAMIE HUNT, the one that gives permission to the mods to p.m. him!!!!

Rackmastr 09-27-2007 02:48 PM

Nationwide is pretty much just running around sharing his 'I'm putting you on Ignore" and he's done it to me as well....childish, but since he has me on ignore, I guess its no problem sharing any private messages he decides to send me....

What a fool.....

lilsundance 09-27-2007 03:19 PM

private messages mean PRIVATE. One person has already been banned for posting private messages on the forum. Keep them off of here so no one else has to read your private spats.
I should also add he missused the pm system as well.

Rackmastr 09-27-2007 03:39 PM

Lil,
The fact remains that when someone sends me a PM stating "You are now on my ignore list" out of the blue and for no real reason, that would be a mis-use of the PM system in itself.....

101sonny 09-27-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsundance (Post 57699)
private messages mean PRIVATE. One person has already been banned for posting private messages on the forum. Keep them off of here so no one else has to read your private spats.
I should also add he missused the pm system as well.

I have to agree Private means Just That Private thats what its for .Some of you should get a Dictionary

Jamie 09-27-2007 04:56 PM

See above

Jamie
BTW Thanks for chimming in GUIDO

50BMG 09-27-2007 04:58 PM

someone got banned for the very same action (posting PM) not too long ago.

-NDN- 09-28-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50BMG (Post 57733)
someone got banned for the very same action (posting PM) not too long ago.

who was that??? wasnt Whitetailer the only person ever banned from the history of Ao forum???

50BMG 09-28-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -NDN- (Post 57940)
who was that??? wasnt Whitetailer the only person ever banned from the history of Ao forum???

Jackson....in late august or early sept for posting a pm from dick..I think I still have the screen shot saved. If you look there is no longer a memeber listed under that name.

check your inbox...I'll hit you up with the link.

700TI 09-28-2007 01:21 PM

If one got banned, shouldn't the other? It would only be fair!!!

50BMG 09-28-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 700TI (Post 58031)

I would think *shrug*

-NDN- 09-28-2007 02:14 PM

ok ok, got the pm and sent you one back before i read this lol

hunt_and_fish 09-28-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 700TI (Post 58031)

In my opinion, they are two pretty different cases. I remember reading Jackson's post and he actually copied and pasted the entire message from Dick. Jamie only alluded to the fact that Nationwide had put him on ignore - unless I missed something.

Jamie 09-28-2007 03:32 PM

Hunt and Fish...
You are correct!!
You missed nothing.... Well other than someone posting under the influence:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW 700 or GUIDO as he used to be known.. You all remember that little troll... You sure are digging today aren't you..

Anyhow.. If the children wish to play over the weekend, please feel free.
I am off on a Goose/Duck/Pheasant/Sporting clays weekend.
Charging the Cameras as we speak.. Lots of pics I hope
Jamie

101sonny 09-28-2007 04:22 PM

700TI wrote
Quote:

I agree ban them both ,one's no better then the other :ashamed: you cross the line out you go.:wave: :wave:

hunt_and_fish the fact that a pm was posted not what it was about it shouldn't have been made publc knowledge.

lilsundance 09-28-2007 06:34 PM

if Nationwide hadn't said anything ( this thread) no one would have been the wiser. The pm was not pasted and posted, nor was it retyped (that I seen). We have had more than one person's signature stating "ignored by _____." although I think that kind of signature is a bit childish.
That doesn't mean it is from a pm. It could have come from a post that got deleted.

700TI 09-28-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsundance (Post 58096)
if Nationwide hadn't said anything ( this thread) no one would have been the wiser. The pm was not pasted and posted, nor was it retyped (that I seen). We have had more than one person's signature stating "ignored by _____." although I think that kind of signature is a bit childish.
That doesn't mean it is from a pm. It could have come from a post that got deleted.

I guess he shouldn't be banned then.
You're "good to go" Jamie:wave: