Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'm getting me a HECS suit on Tuesday (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=390175)

Faststeel 11-06-2020 03:52 PM

I'm getting me a HECS suit on Tuesday

Then I am gonna find me the biggest mule buck in south eastern alberta, and i and going to walk right up close and introduce myself, and my 7mm-08 at the very same time....FS

35 whelen 11-06-2020 03:57 PM

Your watching to much Wild t.v.:sHa_shakeshout:

elkhunter11 11-06-2020 04:00 PM

I have to laugh when I see the ads for HECS. Does anyone actually believe their claims?:)

58thecat 11-06-2020 04:00 PM

dam you go get'em….

Smoky buck 11-06-2020 04:13 PM

It’s a mule deer jeans, a Mac jacket and a 30/30 is all you need lol

Grizzly Adams 11-06-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4262272)

Gonna go with that. Just drive along side and lean out the window, :lol:

Grizz

Faststeel 11-06-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4262259)
I have to laugh when I see the ads for HECS. Does anyone actually believe their claims?:)

Well as a matter of fact a new HECS user in central alberta found himself super close to 20 mule deer last weekend, like 20 yards away from them.

If it cuts out 3 extra miles of walking for me, I'll be extremely happy.....FS

elkhunter11 11-06-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faststeel (Post 4262296)
Well as a matter of fact a new HECS user in central alberta found himself super close to 20 mule deer last weekend, like 20 yards away from them.

I was ten yards from four mule deer this morning, and I wasn't wearing HECS. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

But if you really believe that HECS makes you invisible to game animals, then go for it.:)

Smoky buck 11-06-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

If it improves your confidence giver

35 whelen 11-06-2020 04:58 PM

I was 20 yards away from 20 elk last week, just got to have the wind in your favour no suits no scents just plain old hunt with the Wind

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

waldedw 11-06-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faststeel (Post 4262249)
Then I am gonna find me the biggest mule buck in south eastern alberta, and i and going to walk right up close and introduce myself, and my 7mm-08 at the very same time....FS

All that matters is that you believe it will help you get closer to game, you spent your hard earned $$$$ so go enjoy your hunt with heck's, good luck, be sure to let us know how it worked.

pikergolf 11-06-2020 05:01 PM

Women have nothing on hunters.

Stinky Buffalo 11-06-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faststeel (Post 4262249)

Okay, but we need pictures.

LOTS of pictures.

:sHa_shakeshout:

Best of luck out there! Hope you get him!

nimrod 11-06-2020 05:10 PM

Let Us know how you do on your hunt,

Dewey Cox 11-06-2020 05:14 PM

I had a dozen whitetail lined up, waiting their turn to sit on my lap just two days ago...

6.5 shooter 11-06-2020 09:02 PM

Cheap plaid jacket from Marks, blue jeans and a good pair of boots will get you just as close and way cheaper....Just make sure to wash all your cloths several times with out soap. to wash out the UV dies used by the manufacture in the fabric... wind in your face...and go hunting.

I own camo ONLY because it has some features you just cant find in street clothing.

270person 11-06-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

I was 10 yards from 15-20 feeding whitetails last week. 30 minutes. Smoking. Had a whiz while standing there too.

Couple of them knew I was there but probably know how accurate I am and weren't overly concerned. Got the long stare and hoof stomps a couple of times.

Mind you I was wearing my Kuiu pants so I was pretty much invisible from the waist down. Probably had me pegged as a smoking tree with a blaze orange toque.

Faststeel 11-06-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey Cox (Post 4262332)
I had a dozen whitetail lined up, waiting their turn to sit on my lap just two days ago...

You and Elk need to stop using Tinks for cologne......lol

elkhunter11 11-07-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faststeel (Post 4262532)
You and Elk need to stop using Tinks for cologne......lol

They couldn't smell it anyways, when I am downwind of them.

But if you wear HECS and carry an Ozonics, the animals won't see or smell you.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Trochu 11-07-2020 07:19 AM

Just use a copper bracelet, cheaper and easier, for double coverage, maybe use two....

58thecat 11-07-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4262272)

Glenfield model 30A.....:thinking-006:

graybeard 11-07-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey Cox (Post 4262332)

I was less than 20 yards to a monster bull elk; only minutes later the same to be experienced for a monster whitetail. Wowwwww I was amazed as I stood motionless, with my heart racing.....

It seemed like forever........then the zoo keeper told me to move along....

catnthehat 11-07-2020 08:42 AM

Never mind the AO peanut gallery Faststeel, you go , Girl!:medium-smiley-035::medium-smiley-035:
Cat

hawk-i 11-07-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4262302)
I was ten yards from four mule deer this morning, and I wasn't wearing HECS. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

But if you really believe that HECS makes you invisible to game animals, then go for it.:)

They don't claim you will be invisible, only that your electrical energy your body releases will be blocked from the animals detecting it.

I've had birds land on my arrow while sitting on stand and deer within mere feet, way back before HECS...but you know what, even with taking chlorophyll tablets months prior to season, full camo including face paint, clothes being stored in sealed bags with sage leaves left outside of the house, scent eliminating soaps, skunk scent rags tied to my boots and being downwind of these very very close whitetails they still sensed something even while I was absolutely total still.

Many years ago as far back as the 70's I came to the realization certain animals see something we humans just don't even if you are totally still.

Them picking up on our emitted electrical energy makes the most sense...their eyes and our eyes differ in Rod and Cone counts with us have more colour receptors known as Cones and them having more movement receptors known as Rods. The Rods may very well be picking up on this electrical energy our bodies emit.

Many migrating animals, fish and birds detect the very faint earth magnetic flux lines for their migrating routes, I see no reason not to suspect they can't and do pick up on our faint electrical energy output as well.

Hecs clothing will not make you invisible but if it helps even a little at concealing ones position, then the few hundred dollars is worth it.

Is it necessary? NO
Does it help? Maybe

:)

thumper 11-07-2020 11:36 AM

Deer don't ignore me - but women certainly do!
Maybe my electronic flux emitter needs a tune-up ?

hilt134 11-07-2020 11:00 PM

I've read a bit about it on wildlife photography pages. I bet there's some real science behind the idea. However it seems like a good way to spend good money. Personally I don't even wear camo and as for the electro magnetic field. Put a fridge magnet in your pocket.

fishnguy 11-08-2020 01:44 AM

Came outside yesterday around midnight. Immediately, I heard a buck raking up a tree somewhere nearby, so I looked around and spotted a mulie (whitetails stay out of town) destroying the neighbour’s tree about 60 meters away. I took my phone out and recorded the sound (for a while I wanted to show a guy what raking sounds like). Then I thought to just walk towards the buck and spook him to save the tree, but he must have heard something on the other side and took off running about 40 yards and stopped. I kept watching, wondering if he would be coming back to it. Then, I saw what must have made him run - another buck. They walked towards each other and crossed their antlers. I thought it was interesting and wondered how close I can get before they take off. I walked to within 10 meters or so before they stopped and looked at me. I kept walking and only stopped when I was about 5 meters away. One of the bucks decided to take an even closer look and walked to me. He only stopped a couple of meters away from me when I said “What’s up?” because he made me feel a little uncomfortable with his confident walk (I do not have antlers to cross with him, lol).

https://i.postimg.cc/wM8XQKnY/C1821-...2-E349-CA1.jpg

It was midnight, he was far from the largest mulie in Alberta, but... I could literally “pet” him if I stretched my arm out. We looked at each other for a minute and then they went back to their deer thing:

https://i.postimg.cc/Z5phw69k/1-AF88...0-B41-AF58.jpg

I watched for a few minutes from 5 meters away and went home. These are not “town” mule deer either, but a few bucks usually show up around this time of year.

Then there are a few mulies at the field where I parked a couple of dozens of times this season before walking down the valley. They used to run shortly after they saw my vehicle. Nowadays, they don’t even care. This one was no more than 15 meters away from me when I was passing by and he kept minding his business as if I was not even there:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svA9D48CMBI

Usually, there is a mature “gooder” hangs out with that one, but he was not there that day. Neither runs anymore and usually just look at me go by. Must be my corduroy pants or a regular jacket I wear (I think that day it was just a black merino base layer with nothing on top).

RandyBoBandy 11-08-2020 09:01 AM

^^^^ WOW !!!fishnguy :happy0034:

kujoseto 11-09-2020 12:59 PM

I don’t always drink koolaid, but when I do, it’s HECS

CNP 11-10-2020 06:42 PM

It's Tuesday!

You made the investment?