Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Finally got out with the new pram (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=321951)

32-40win 05-19-2017 12:40 PM

Finally got out with the new pram

4 Attachment(s)
Took a look at the afternoon clouds coming from the NW, could see sun behind them. Wasn't sure which lake I wanted to go to, to dodge what was there. So, I ripped over to Beaver Lk by Sundre. Perfect timing.
Got the new pram out for its maiden voyage. 10ft Ghillie from Terry Hunt in Penticton. Had him add a removable dog deck. It has front and rear anchors, rod holders in the back seat, used the Scotty extenders to get them up and over the side. Rows great, handles nice with the trolling motor. Had to explain staying on the proper side of the boat to Dinglefritz to maintain tack in what breeze cam up. Deck worked perfect, he loved it, that dog likes going fishing. Kept all the anchor rope out of the way below it, and the anchor off the floor, just had a loose piece of the same carpet across the back for the rear anchor and the battery to set on.
Even got a few decent fish, biggest was about 22" , smallest was about 15" and couple in between, and a couple of quick releases, all on a bruised leech.

pikergolf 05-19-2017 01:08 PM

She's a lovely boat, congrats and enjoy!

Stinky Buffalo 05-19-2017 01:09 PM

Great pics, and gorgeous setup! Way to go.

doublehaul 05-19-2017 03:23 PM

I like the seat and deck idea. And that they are removable in a way that converts into an open concept . I might try that on my boat.

kilgoretrout 05-19-2017 05:22 PM

New Pram

Nice pram.... and its nice to have room for a fishin pal!

Scott N 05-19-2017 07:29 PM

Sort of off topic question, but not really.... what's your dog's name? I have a soft spot for dogs that are good fishing buddies.

32-40win 05-19-2017 07:54 PM

Tucker. Was surprised at him this trip, never barked at a fish, he did last year, he just whined & cried at them this time. He stepped on a fish in the Shell river last year, what a rodeo that was, he stepped on it a second time as well. I just about fell in laughing at him. I had black lab that chased a big brown around in the Bow one day, just below belly high water, it kept turning around and swimming between his front legs from under his belly. I was standing up on a high bank and could see the whole show, likely lasted most of two minutes. That fish had his number, and made the most of it.
I see the look on Tuck's face in the one shot as being "why are you interrupting my fish watching!!".

Stryker2 05-19-2017 08:51 PM

Lovely boat and dog!

Nice set up, I love people who think of their dog when they buy something. I also have a very soft spot for Labs, I've had 2 the last one died last spring :(. Still grieving... Your dog looks like a great companion! :)

Sumara 05-19-2017 09:40 PM

That's a pretty awesome setup! Now the dog can enjoy it as much as you!

supracar865 05-20-2017 08:06 PM

nice boat

Myles 05-21-2017 06:28 AM

Nice boat and a great day fishing. Double win!