Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any Coyote Buyer or Skinner West of Edmonton? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=235315)

triggerpress 11-05-2014 11:24 PM

Any Coyote Buyer or Skinner West of Edmonton?

A friend of mine is in need of someone to either buy his coyotes in the round, or do custom skinning. I process my own, but don't have the time to do anyone else's hides...thus the request. He's in Spruce Grove, so someone in the Spruce Grove - Stony Plain area would be ideal. If you know of someone, shoot me a PM, please.

triggerpress

nube 11-06-2014 08:19 AM

I'd love to have someone put mine up as well. I could catch a lot more if I had the time instead of skinning and fleshing them.

pikeslayer22 11-06-2014 09:28 AM

Check the Hutterite colony's there's usually some one that will put them up and some even have fur buyers license. There's also a fellow out of Westlock that teaches the trappers course for ATA that buys whole or custom skins

moose maniac 11-06-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerpress (Post 2605983)
A friend of mine is in need of someone to either buy his coyotes in the round, or do custom skinning. I process my own, but don't have the time to do anyone else's hides...thus the request. He's in Spruce Grove, so someone in the Spruce Grove - Stony Plain area would be ideal. If you know of someone, shoot me a PM, please.

triggerpress

I know a guy on the morinville colony I could get you his info if you want.

HunterDave 11-06-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose maniac (Post 2606323)
I know a guy on the morinville colony I could get you his info if you want.

If you are thinking of Jackie Wurz, I talked to him last season and he told me that he didn't have time to put anyone's furs up for them and he stopped doing it. He might buy whole dogs though, I didn't ask him that.

Dirt2oil 11-07-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 2606501)
If you are thinking of Jackie Wurz, I talked to him last season and he told me that he didn't have time to put anyone's furs up for them and he stopped doing it. He might buy whole dogs though, I didn't ask him that.

Jackie does 3000-5000 beaver a year already, pretty sure he won't do others coyotes as well but you never know. He is amazing seen him skin,flesh and board a beaver in 10 min. That's nailing every 3/4" too. The guy is a master! They don't get any better.

moose maniac 11-07-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 2606501)

I guess it depends how well you know him dave

husky hunter 11-07-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerpress (Post 2605983)

triggerpress

I had some done by a fellow name Josh and he did a great job. He is a hutterite west of Edmonton and no such thing as too many. 780-242-6368

HunterDave 11-07-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose maniac (Post 2608362)
I guess it depends how well you know him dave

Yeah, that could be. That day he wasn't at all interested in taking on new customers though. He was nice enough to have a look at my coyote pelts and give me some advice though. He seems like a pretty good guy.

husky hunter 11-08-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husky hunter (Post 2608509)
I had some done by a fellow name Josh and he did a great job. He is a hutterite west of Edmonton and no such thing as too many. 780-242-6368

PS Jackie is his uncle....they are all good fur handlers.........