Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shout out to Honda Fit Engineers (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=332628)

omega50 11-02-2017 09:14 AM

Shout out to Honda Fit Engineers

NOT:sHa_shakeshout:

Low beams blew on the wife's car on the commute in this morning.

I miss the good old days when you could just pop the hood and change a bulb:)

Stinky Buffalo 11-02-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega50 (Post 3657914)

Yeah, I think the operating manual says you need to drop the engine, and then do a headstand under the rear driver's wheel well before removing the old bulb... :thinking-006:

I hear ya. I miss the days of cars that were designed by folks that gave two bits about how fixable they were...

Johnny G1 11-02-2017 02:00 PM

Have to buy a new one, When the light's go out they are a disposable car, Lol and I bet it won't be cheap to fix if it was anything like wife's VW.

SlightlyDistracting 11-02-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega50 (Post 3657914)

Its easy to drop a side of the bumber for access. Might take you 100 min. Most cars are this way. Should of saw what I had to do to my Mercedes to shange a headlamp.

Redfrog 11-02-2017 02:10 PM

I guess it's daytime driving only now

omega50 11-02-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfrog (Post 3658161)
I guess it's daytime driving only now

Upset now that I already changed over to winter tires a few weeks ago.
Access is through wheel wells.

Tfng 11-02-2017 02:52 PM

It seems odd to me that both low beam bulbs would blow at the same time. Fuse or relay maybe?

Edit- A quick google turned this up.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...blem/index.htm

Maybe it applies to your wife's car?

amosfella 11-02-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlightlyDistracting (Post 3658157)
Its easy to drop a side of the bumber for access. Might take you 100 min. Most cars are this way. Should of saw what I had to do to my Mercedes to shange a headlamp.

Which Mercedes do you have?? Mine is pretty easy...

Au revoir, Gopher 11-02-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfng (Post 3658191)
It seems odd to me that both low beam bulbs would blow at the same time. Fuse or relay maybe?

Edit- A quick google turned this up.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...blem/index.htm

Maybe it applies to your wife's car?

Only if it is not a Canadian model

Quote:

In Canada, the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) system required in all Canadian vehicles employs a different lighting circuit design and uses different components compared to the other markets. As a result, vehicles built for the Canadian market are not affected by this recall.
They are talking about a different recall (CRV and Pilot, but the same issue).

ARG

^v^Tinda wolf^v^ 11-02-2017 06:58 PM

That’s odd, was it just one bulb or both? Reguarding headlights, I’ve been considering upgrading my low beams on my Subaru because I don’t think they cover enough road but I simply refuse to do so just for the fact of peeving other drivers. I already wear the $300 white Oakley’s I’m not sure if I fit the cliche but the polarized driving lense is superb!

The Elkster 11-02-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ (Post 3658366)
... I already wear the $300 white Oakley’s I’m not sure if I fit the cliche but the polarized driving lense is superb!

LOL. My wife and I refer to those as the douche signal. The ultimate burqas for the discriminating white man :)

Trochu 11-02-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ (Post 3658366)
That’s odd, was it just one bulb or both? Reguarding headlights, I’ve been considering upgrading my low beams on my Subaru because I don’t think they cover enough road but I simply refuse to do so just for the fact of peeving other drivers. I already wear the $300 white Oakley’s I’m not sure if I fit the cliche but the polarized driving lense is superb!

Your lights might appear brighter, negating the need for new bulbs, if you took the Oakley's off. I mean $300 though, you want to be seen wearing them...

Trochu 11-02-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo (Post 3657931)
I hear ya. I miss the days of cars that were designed by folks that gave two bits about how fixable they were...

They'll never admit it, but I have a feeling they give more than two bits about how fixable they are, and that's partially why they're built like they are.

neilsledder 11-02-2017 08:49 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7177068501.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omega50 12-15-2017 08:26 AM

So glad those engineers felt it appropriate that the intake manifold has to be removed to change the alternator:)

Side note- Huge shout out to Eddy at Mac's Auto Electric in the NE.

The absolute god of all things Auto Electric related. He will go the extreme lengths to rebuild if it can be done-Not a parts changer type of guy.

50BMG 12-15-2017 09:15 AM

My wife's '08 Accord needs to have the front clip removed to change out the headlamp and turn signal bulbs. But there is a work-around. By lifting the inner fender liner, you can gain partial access to the rear of the headlamp and change the bulbs. It is very difficult and there is not much room.

Engineers....yeah.....

And I used to own a Nissan Versa. To change the spark plugs, you need to remove the intake manifold. Nice!

SlightlyDistracting 12-15-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50BMG (Post 3689406)
My wife's '08 Accord needs to have the front clip removed to change out the headlamp and turn signal bulbs. But there is a work-around. By lifting the inner fender liner, you can gain partial access to the rear of the headlamp and change the bulbs. It is very difficult and there is not much room.

Engineers....yeah.....

And I used to own a Nissan Versa. To change the spark plugs, you need to remove the intake manifold. Nice!

You can change thr headlamp by dropping the one side of the bumber. It takes 10 min. I do it daily. Lol

Vigilante 12-15-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Engineers....yeah.....

I could have the entire cover off of an 08 Accord in under 3 min. It just seems daunting to someone who isn't used to doing it.

brslk 12-15-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Engineers....yeah.....

The Hyindai/Kia 2.7delta engine is the same. You gotta take the intake off to change the back 3 plugs. Almost every one I've done has the original plugs in the back even though they've taken to a shop for a tune up (including new plugs) before it gets to me.

FCLightning 12-16-2017 08:07 AM

1971 Chrysler Newport with the 400 4bbl needed the exhaust manifold removed to change #8 plug.

beltburner 12-16-2017 09:30 AM

replace with led bulbs. they last a long time

Tom Pullings 12-16-2017 11:40 AM

And yet people make fun of me for driving an older truck. This is one of the many reasons why.