Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I miss my boat (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=342906)

Justfishin73 04-11-2018 10:58 AM

I miss my boat

Been trying to bring her home for a few weeks now, but the snow just wont melt so I can get her out. Told wife to enjoy her last few days parking in the garage

Still over a month to go, but nothing says I cant sit in it in the garage and drink beer in her. :)

darren32 04-11-2018 12:46 PM

Me too. 2016 the ice was off Wabamun on April 8 and I had my pier in before the end of April. Will be pretty lucky if it's gone by May 8 this year, it will have to warm up a lot pretty soon.

dutchpirate 04-11-2018 01:31 PM

My avatar and signature explains my thoughts completely!

old dog 04-12-2018 08:21 AM

My boat winters inside at my friends farm but is still snowed in as well. Been too long of a winter for sure.

Half Pickereled 04-12-2018 04:01 PM

I have a bad habit of drowning my sorrows by whipping out the Visa and buying overpriced parts in the boats honour. This year was a OEM travel cover from Great Lakes canvas, and a fibreglass swim platform (mobile drinking/fishing dock) from Swimplatforms.com. The ice better leave soon or I will have to put a new set of six aluminum wheels under it to ease the pain... HELP !!!!

*Disclaimer; if you are reading this sweetheart, I’m just joking around with the guys.:scared0018:

Ken07AOVette 04-12-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Half Pickereled (Post 3769490)
I have a bad habit of drowning my sorrows by whipping out the Visa and buying overpriced parts in the boats honour. This year was a OEM travel cover from Great Lakes canvas, and a fibreglass swim platform (mobile drinking/fishing dock) from Swimplatforms.com. The ice better leave soon or I will have to put a new set of six aluminum wheels under it to ease the pain... HELP !!!!

*Disclaimer; if you are reading this sweetheart, I’m just joking around with the guys.:scared0018:

That's where I bought my swim platform actually, they are great to deal with!

iYearn 04-14-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justfishin73 (Post 3768791)
Been trying to bring her home for a few weeks now, but the snow just wont melt so I can get her out. Told wife to enjoy her last few days parking in the garage

Still over a month to go, but nothing says I cant sit in it in the garage and drink beer in her. :)

Wow...how's the sex life during the open water season? :sHa_shakeshout:

thorne 04-19-2018 08:59 AM

Had my boat stolen in may 2016....finally got another in early Feb this year...lol....I too have been trapped in the Amazon Prime compensation warp....and have had many a beer lounging in the new beast....in my driveway....:sign0176:

Justfishin73 04-19-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iYearn (Post 3770611)

At 45 yrs old and 20 yrs together, , Ill trade sex for a day of fishing anyday---thats what winter's for!

barbless 04-21-2018 11:09 AM

Finally no snow left on my winter cover. Time to open it up. Now just gotta wait for the 2 ft. of snow around the boat to melt . :angry3:

mooseknuckle 04-21-2018 12:08 PM

Was garage clean out day yeasterday, amazing the amount of crap that accumilates. After digging out all the junk lo and behold there was a boat undrrneath it all. So clean garage, new t5 lamps and music and beer. Out comes the fiberglass polish and a few new cupholders to mount. Gonna get the old boat all clean. Not sure what to do? May just clean up and try and sell as the family is growing and the 15ft trihull is getting pretty tight.

thorne 04-22-2018 10:17 AM

And God said "Let there be Sun and Wind so that the Good Fishermen can once again cast their lines upon open water and float there craft upon the watery lakes!" And so it came to pass....

Few more days like this one and YeeeeHaaaaaaw...It will be boat time again! This wind and warm temps today is just stripping ICE!

And there was much rejoicing!

:happy0180:

Justfishin73 04-26-2018 07:19 AM

She's home now and resting comfortably. Trailer needs a hubjob and new tires. Almost happy to drop $500. Come on May long!

Marsha 04-26-2018 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Me to

Walleyedude 04-26-2018 08:29 AM

I'm going to get mine out of storage this weekend. I can hardly wait to see it and give it a big hug.

Then I'm going to give it a thorough cleaning, a coat of wax, and treat it to some nice new upgrades and accessories!

newguy 04-29-2018 10:27 AM

Wow, I miss certainly not the only one feeling the boat withdrawl blues...

Our boat is at my buddies acreage in the CNP and still too much snow to get it out! Hopefully another week or 2 and we can get at it.

On another note, I found an awesome deal on boat storage just past Fernie. Great for us because we plan on hitting Tie Lake and Koocanusa all summer. If anyone needs storage that way, let me know.

thorne 04-29-2018 11:52 AM

Couldn't wait any longer so I fueled and fired up the 5.5l 300hp mercruiser in the driveway yesterday....lol...it was awesome! Not sure the neighbours agreed...but it had to be done!

PC172 05-03-2018 05:12 PM

Welcome to the dry dock blues gents. New boat in the garage and the anticipation is killing me.

laus 05-04-2018 05:27 AM

Sex

Quote:

Originally Posted by iYearn (Post 3770611)

Do don't wanna know :)

thorne 05-06-2018 05:56 PM

Well...the No Boat Blues are over!!:sHa_shakeshout:
Spent the day cruising around Wizzard in the machine....hot sunny and few other boaters....day was awesome!..