Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bernier and Scheer...neck and neck (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=322411)

rugatika 05-27-2017 05:43 PM

Bernier and Scheer...neck and neck

Turning into a real nail biter. Hoping Bernier can pull it off

3blade 05-27-2017 05:46 PM

Same. Sheer would guarantee another term for turd.

Selkirk 05-27-2017 05:54 PM

Maxime Bernier

To take out the Liberals, we need the 'Alberta Quebecer' ! :sHa_shakeshout:

Globe And Mail ... https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle35125623/
NP vid ... http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...cs-choice-here

Selkirk

rugatika 05-27-2017 06:02 PM

Libs are already going after Scheer for being social conservative. Trudeau will get in for a second term if Scheer slips in.

They're going after Bernier for being a "radical" libertarian, but that will play better with a lot of people than getting trapped up in abortion and gay marriage discussions.

Davey Boy 05-27-2017 06:17 PM

Scheer's in.

RBI 05-27-2017 06:25 PM

Oh, Fuddle Duddle !!!

Selkirk 05-27-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Boy (Post 3549335)
Scheer's in.

*&^%$#!. Nothing's going right lately :angry3:

Selkirk :mad0030:

pikergolf 05-27-2017 06:29 PM

Very young and raw, but has a grin pasted to his face. Maybe he can start a sunny ways conservative movement.

Twisted Canuck 05-27-2017 06:36 PM

A bit surprised. Scheer is who my friend and local MP supported (Warkentin)....I guess we shall see how it pans out.

pikergolf 05-27-2017 06:40 PM

Watched him speak, very, very raw. I don't see him changing any progressive minds.

EZM 05-27-2017 06:57 PM

Scheer elected with 50.95% of the vote. Not my preference but he's who we got so let's get behind him.

Now let's get ready to pack the liberals out of office in 2019 and get our money back. I figure Justin owes me a few bucks.

Mistagin 05-27-2017 07:07 PM

Good, he'll be good for the party and 'conservatism'. He's the guy I preferred all along. A 'down-to-earth' kind of guy with a good head on his shoulders.

Bernier was my 2nd choice, but I have some misgivings about him, a bit too much of a smooth-talking 'Quebec politician'.

pikergolf 05-27-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistagin (Post 3549361)
Good, he'll be good for the party and 'conservatism'. He's the guy I preferred all along. A 'down-to-earth' kind of guy with a good head on his shoulders.

Bernier was my 2nd choice, but I have some misgivings about him, a bit too much of a smooth-talking 'Quebec politician'.

He'll be good for the religious right. The rest of Canada will tune him out. Another 4 yrs of Justine.

densa44 05-27-2017 07:25 PM

Do you think this fellow has a chance?

I don't see why not. If the party plays nice in the sand box he is younger than JT, has a nice wife, 5 children, and he has some experience in politics.

Welcome back Rug.

sjemac 05-27-2017 07:28 PM

10 more years of JT now.

jcurl 05-27-2017 08:01 PM

As a lefty I could of seen myself voting for Bernier.

RandyBoBandy 05-27-2017 08:05 PM

Yep we are pooched...Tru-doped and Nutley locked in for the next elections :scared:

Bigwoodsman 05-27-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLeahy (Post 3549391)
Yep we are pooched...Tru-doped and Nutley locked in for the next elections :scared:

I'm thinking you're probably right!

BW

Taco 05-27-2017 09:17 PM

He seems nice.

300magman 05-27-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 3549363)
He'll be good for the religious right. The rest of Canada will tune him out. Another 4 yrs of Justine.

Unfortunately you are correct.

whiteout 05-27-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistagin (Post 3549361)

His social conservatism is going to cost the Conservatives the next election. Guarantee that on Monday there will be plenty of articles that show his stance and voting record on social issues that will drive the Conservative numbers down.

EZM 05-27-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300magman (Post 3549442)
Unfortunately you are correct.

I think if he works on his "energy level" he might be fine. His message is good, he is viewed with respect and he seems pretty smart.

A little confidence and training and he could turn out well.

Yeah I know - He was everyone's 2nd choice, But he isn't polarising and he is on board with all the major policies we want him to represent for us.

Newview01 05-27-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 3549363)

He will have some mainstream policies that bring everyone on his side, while maintaining his social conservatism.

I hope.

He is a better choice than Bernier.

rugatika 05-27-2017 10:23 PM

I wonder if this will be the push the NDP need to get back on the board? If enough people are sick of Justin by 2019 are the middle of the road Canadians in central and eastern Canada going to vote for a social conservative (Stephen Harper with a smile I believe he calls himself) or are they going to turf Justin and give the NDP a chance? I don't like the odds.

I like Scheer well enough as a status quo guy, but he's a practicing Roman Catholic (OK for Libs...not Cons), social conservative (plays terrible in the media), AND worst of all he's from western Canada. Good luck, but it's going to be an uphill battle to win in 2019 and we're starting in the ditch. I hope he can convince enough people in the ROC to vote for him.

The media and the Liberal party are about to start an all out, 2 year long marketing blitz branding Scheer as a pro-life homophobe with a fake smile and a secret agenda to ban gay marriage and abortions.

The CPC needed to desperately put some distance between them and social conservatism. FAIL.

JimPS 05-27-2017 10:50 PM

He'll do just fine as PM.

He's another leader with an extremely skinny employment resume - other than being a career politician - just like the current guy and that other guy before him.

He might appeal to the age demographic that got the current guy elected - but - I don't think his social conservatism will be an asset to the Cons with those people.

A lot of Canadians will view him as just another career politician that was elected in a place where a blue fence post could become an MP.

6.5 shooter 05-27-2017 11:14 PM

All the negative comments from all the closet Liberals on this forum tells me that Sheer is the right man for the job........:argue2:

All you gunnies who hooped and hollered when the Libs won the last election. Who where gonna show the Cons were mad cause Harper didn't move quick enough on the gun registry...etc. .......well sunny ways and happy days.

Pull your collective heads out of your arses and help defeat the Liberals next election....Instead of splitting the vote and reelecting the child king like most of you did last time ...

Flame away.... but you know it is true....

whiteout 05-27-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter (Post 3549495)
All the negative comments from all the closet Liberals on this forum tells me that Sheer is the right man for the job........:argue2:

All you gunnies who hooped and hollered when the Libs won the last election. Who where gonna show the Cons were mad cause Harper didn't move quick enough on the gun registry...etc. .......well sunny ways and happy days.

Pull your collective heads out of your arses and help defeat the Liberals next election....Instead of splitting the vote and reelecting the child king like most of you did last time ...

Flame away.... but you know it is true....

How would you suggest they deal with his social conservatism? The majority of Canadians, even Conservatives, don't agree with his views on a lot of things.

Unregistered user 05-27-2017 11:54 PM

Quite surprised, hopefully he can make it work. I think by the time we go to the polls, the world will realise that Trump is not as bad as the clinton funded press would have us believe and a Conservative government just might save the country from further travel down the drain. I backed Lemieux with money and vote, oh well.

HowSwedeItIs 05-28-2017 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteout (Post 3549502)
How would you suggest they deal with his social conservatism? The majority of Canadians, even Conservatives, don't agree with his views on a lot of things.

People can still vote for candidates that they don't completely agree with? I'm not a libertarian but I still backed bernier

skidderman 05-28-2017 01:12 AM

I expect he will do as good as any of them. Lets face it; none of then are very inspiring. Having said that he has to be 300 times better than what we have now.