Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Elk cape, give away (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=6287)

TBark 09-18-2007 10:02 AM

Elk cape, give away

I got lucky and got a 6x6 bull yesterday morning. Whooo hoooo !!.
Story to follow. Waiting on a few pics.
But I will not be doing a full mount on him.
So if anyone wants to take the time & cape him out,
come & get the cape Edm area.
I still want the horns & skull though.
If I have no takers,
I'll be cutting through, and removing the horms Thurs evening.

TBark

sheephunter 09-18-2007 10:06 AM

Hey...congrats on the bull. I can't wait to see the pics and hear the tale! You might want to call a couple local taxidermists as they are often looking for capes.

Bull Shooter 09-18-2007 10:16 AM

TBark, if I remember correctly, Moosecaller was looking for a cape for that big bull he took a few weeks ago. You might want to PM him and see if he is interested. It's great that you would make such a generous offer to the members of this board. Congratulations on your hunting success! Regards, Mike

Huntingonthebrain 09-18-2007 11:33 AM

congrads and I can't wait for the story and pics!!!

Cam-hunter 09-18-2007 12:00 PM

Hey T-Bark congrats good for you and will be waiting to see the pics we got a 5x4 yesterday as well my buddies Dad from Manitoba shoot it so he was very happy.

Cam

moosecaller 09-18-2007 12:00 PM

Yes i am looking for a cape, I am in medicine hat so maybe its not practical, I have not picked a taxi guy yet, so I wouldnt be able to have someone close to you cape it. I think its great you are willing to offer the cape up, too bad i dont live closer.
MC

Rockymtnx 09-18-2007 12:17 PM

If the cape was delivered to Wetaskiwin, I would take it to Brooks when I come down for Antelope this Saturday.

cmfic1 09-18-2007 12:38 PM

TBark, if I were you (providing know one has spoken for it). I would do as sheep says, call a Taxi man, he will Cape it & if you dont need the $$ likely give you $100 or so of your next mount.

Just a thought.

TBark 09-18-2007 12:47 PM

Sorry moosecaller,
It's just I'm tied up for the next 2 week on a shut-down at work.
No time to do anything really. I just deliverd the elk to a butcher, and it's been many years since I've need a butcher as I always cut myself.
So that's why I was offering the cape locally, I have 2 camera orders to get out by this weekend, as I doubt I'd have time to remove the cape and prep it properly for shipping.
The cape / horn burr measurement on the elk may not fit a monster rack either,
Even though he was a 6 by, he was only 32" wide, and 3 1/4" inside burr, and 8 1/2" outside / outside.
Not bad, but not a monster.

TBark

moosecaller 09-18-2007 04:11 PM

Hey Np tb
I too have been swamped down , I will find a taxi dude first and just pay him to get one for me, Im in no hurry, but thanks again eh!
MC

Whitetail7 09-18-2007 06:50 PM

Tbark,

Give Brian Starkovich a call. 472-1062 (Starky's Taxidermy) He will probably give you at least $100 for the cape. He has some big horns that guys regret not mounting from last year. He's done a bunch of WT for us and a Mulie. I go to him all the time.