Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   'Korea' ... Will Canada go again? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=320211)

Selkirk 04-21-2017 08:40 PM

'Korea' ... Will Canada go again?

http://cdn2.spiegel.de/images/image-...jbd-339489.jpg

Canada's Defence Minister, Harjit Sajjan;
" ... In close touch with U.S. Defence Secretary James Mattis and they spoke specifically about the escalating tensions in Korea"
" ... National Defence has, regardless of the situation, 'done prudent planning' for possible crises."

Though still remote, Canada sending troops to Korea again is a possibility; http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kore...-war-1.4080214

Korean War II ?!

huntinstuff 04-21-2017 08:51 PM

I hope no one goes

No one shows up, no one fights

Or, if they insist, nuke them from 1000 miles away

ETOWNCANUCK 04-21-2017 09:18 PM

Probably not,

Someone has to open the borders for all the Korean refugees.

cschache 04-21-2017 09:23 PM

If the US, South Koreans, Japan and China (if they are serious) all get involved I think they can handle the situation. We do not need to loose any of our warriors in that fight. Maybe after the smoke clears for peace keeping if needed. just my opinion

Gary K 04-21-2017 09:25 PM

We have fighters in Guam that got dropped theere within the last 2 weeks. According to a US Military buddy of mine.

I wouldn't call the source horribly reliable by any means so take that with a grain of salt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

barsik 04-21-2017 09:46 PM

it should be obvious to everyone that the entire country is a prison colony, and that the best way to cure North Korea is to cut lil Kim's head off.

Norwest Alta 04-21-2017 09:51 PM

Might happen but I'm gonna say probably not. Mostly a lot of strutting and chest thumping. China don't want it to happen. There's a lot of Chinese dollars invested in North America and I would think that they want it back.

Gotta admit the North Koreans sure do march nice.

fordtruckin 04-21-2017 10:03 PM

Well it would technically still be justthe Korean War since it was never officially ended....

ak-71 04-22-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barsik (Post 3523022)
it should be obvious to everyone that the entire country is a prison colony, and that the best way to cure North Korea is to cut lil Kim's head off.

The main problem is that a wast majority of a country population are willing wardens and, until this part is changed, it doesn't matter who's head is cut. Money, lure of cheap goods, food and sneaky propaganda is the way to go for now. Countries, even nuclear ones, fold from withing for the last 60 years. History shows that it is way harder to "win hearts and minds" after you bomb a country into a stone age, even the ones who never choose to exit this age.
"Smart and sneaky" wins "tough", especially "pretend tough" every time.

ak-71 04-22-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwest Alta (Post 3523026)

Gotta admit the North Koreans sure do march nice.

Russians will try to top it in a few weeks for a Victory Day. They have a tradition (military parades) since before Soviet state came into existence, good show, way better than Big Brother - more fun and shorter

Jack Hardin 04-22-2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordtruckin (Post 3523035)
Well it would technically still be justthe Korean War since it was never officially ended....

Just an FYI.....It was never a declared war, it was a UN police action, officially called "The Korean Conflict." Although, most people mistakenly refer to it as "The Korean War."

No offence but, I just wanted to clarify.

58thecat 04-22-2017 07:23 AM

The troops will go any place they are told to. Lots of stuff going on with our troops we will never know about all over the world.

Grizzly Adams 04-22-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 3522982)
I hope no one goes

that would be the smart move, not worth one Canadian life.

Grizz

CaberTosser 04-22-2017 07:54 AM

I think the populace in Korea could be brought to see that they've been being duped all along (many know but don't want the become condemned to death for actually saying it). If Kim and the majority of his regime could be taken out with simultaneous & accurate cruise missile strikes then combat boots might not even be needed on the ground, just work boots. I know its a big 'if', but with some intelligence on Kim's movements and locations they could all be struck along with any military command and control facilities they have.

Grizzly Adams 04-22-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 3523169)
I think the populace in Korea could be brought to see that they've been being duped all along (many know but don't want the become condemned to death for actually saying it). If Kim and the majority of his regime could be taken out with simultaneous & accurate cruise missile strikes then combat boots might not even be needed on the ground, just work boots. I know its a big 'if', but with some intelligence on Kim's movements and locations they could all be struck along with any military command and control facilities they have.

If Kim disappears into thin air, chances are good North Korea will disintegrate into anarchy and we'll have a huge humanitarian crisis to deal with. Sadam Hussein was a nasty man , as Was Tito and Khadaffi and now Assad, but they kept the lid on a boiling kettle. Democracy, as we know it, just doesn't work everywhere. I'm sure this is one of the issues the Chinese are well aware of.

Grizz

CaberTosser 04-22-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams (Post 3523197)
If Kim disappears into thin air, chances are good North Korea will disintegrate into anarchy and we'll have a huge humanitarian crisis to deal with. Sadam Hussein was a nasty man , as Was Tito and Khadaffi and now Assad, but they kept the lid on a boiling kettle. Democracy, as we know it, just doesn't work everywhere. I'm sure this is one of the issues the Chinese are well aware of.

Grizz

In NK's case I don't think the populace is the same boiling kettle that one see's in other embattled nations, particularly those in the middle east who all argue in perpetuity over their various interpretations of the same religion. NK could be the same as South Korea if it was allowed to. The biggest question is what a certain neighbor named China intends. overthrowing NK would be a speed bump if China was not a factor.

elkdump 04-22-2017 08:46 AM

send just 2 brothers to North Korea ,

nick names, Little Boy and Fat Man ,

POOF

Kim473 04-22-2017 08:47 AM

All I gotta say is,
"Gotta love the smell of Napalm in the morning" !

densa44 04-22-2017 08:48 AM

What good did it do the last time?

Let the Chinese strengthen this out to suit themselves.

Fur 04-22-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barsik (Post 3523022)

Agreed. Just need to target him and his top deputies. Judging by his pudginess hit the McDonalds first.

The countries people have suffered enough, they do not need to suffer a war also.

CaberTosser 04-22-2017 08:55 AM

The overall best thing for NK would be an effective coup. No need for outside involvement there, but of course that's not to say there wouldn't be.........

elkdump 04-22-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by densa44 (Post 3523222)
Let the Chinese strengthen this out to suit themselves.

The ONLY reason North Korea is STILL in existence and constantly has been a big PITA for sixty years solely rests on Communist China's financial and military support !

260 Rem 04-22-2017 09:07 AM

Once nuclear capability is gone, there is nothing to fight over...nip that bud and bluster don't count.

HighlandHeart 04-22-2017 10:29 AM

European countries open their borders and encourage refugees to walk on in even if they aren't from war torn countries. Russia and China, they have a different kind of hospitality. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rth-Korea.html

sjemac 04-22-2017 11:20 AM

Russia has been massing heavy weapons on their border with NK as well.

China and Russia by land and the US by sea and air?

ak-71 04-22-2017 11:50 AM

Nobody will do anything stupid because all sacrifices will be on South Korea side, not Moscow or Oklahoma.
I think damage NK can do to Seoul may be exaggerated and won't last long, but there will be damage. Makes USA or who ever starts it look really bad in the eyes of the allies in the region. Unless US is prepared to give complete control of the region to China, they will never risk all out war or anything provoking war over some threatening cartoons and aggressive BS in NK's propaganda.

silverdoctor 04-22-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak-71 (Post 3523356)
Nobody will do anything stupid because all sacrifices will be on South Korea side, not Moscow or Oklahoma.
I think damage NK can do to Seoul may be exaggerated and won't last long, but there will be damage. Makes USA or who ever starts it look really bad in the eyes of the allies in the region. Unless US is prepared to give complete control of the region to China, they will never risk all out war or anything provoking war over some threatening cartoons and aggressive BS in NK's propaganda.

Yep. In a nuclear situation, China/russia/whomever will try to sort it out.

If the US invades however, watch and see where Russia and China will stand.

wellpastcold 04-22-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary K (Post 3523005)
We have fighters in Guam that got dropped theere within the last 2 weeks. According to a US Military buddy of mine.

I wouldn't call the source horribly reliable by any means so take that with a grain of salt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Guam is 3400 Kms from North Korea. Not what you would call a strategic staging point considering how close US bases are in Japan.

Gray Wolf 04-22-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 3522982)
I hope no one goes

Here we go with that stupid "Nuke Them" card again :rolleye2:

Take a look at a map of the area. Nuclear fallout would affect at least four other countries in the immediate area (South Korea, China, Japan, Russia). A Nuclear strike on North Korea is Not an option!

huntinstuff 04-22-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Wolf (Post 3523378)
Here we go with that stupid "Nuke Them" card again :rolleye2:

Take a look at a map of the area. Nuclear fallout would affect at least four other countries in the immediate area (South Korea, China, Japan, Russia). A Nuclear strike on North Korea is Not an option!

Dont need a map. Been there

Id rather the nuke option than ONE Canadian flag draped coffin. And the further away Canadians are, the better.

We need to learn to mind our own business. We are not the worlds babysitter.

And if those other countries are concerned about nuclear fallout, I suggest they put their big girl panties on and deal with that guy. There's some incentive for them