Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Introductory Reloading Clinic - Calgary - March 29 (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=208517)

rpollock 02-07-2014 05:15 PM

Introductory Reloading Clinic - Calgary - March 29

Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club is pleased to announce there will be an Introductory Reloading Clinic on March 29. Details are below. This clinic will appeal to the novice reloader who is just getting going in the world of rifle cartridge reloading. Details are below. Register by e-mail at reloadingclinic@gmail.com

Reloading Clinic 2014

http://benchrest.ca/uploads/Reloadin...event_2014.jpg

dty 02-08-2014 07:22 AM

Registration sent.

Elkhunt 02-08-2014 10:46 AM

Great idea & great way to get people interested in precision shooting.

Cement Bench 02-08-2014 11:15 AM

Warning warning

JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW, SOME OF THE GUYS PUTTING ON THIS CLINIC ARE OR HAVE THE FOLLOWING CAPABILITIES OR TRAITS :

1. have competed in short range Benchrest for well over a decade,

2. have shot 5 5 shot groups at a match to aggregate uner 2 tenths of an inch i.e. .174 or so at a recoreded match with moving backers,

3. actually have nice equipment that costs mega dollars so bring your drooling towels,

4. will BE ABLE TO simplify the methods used so you can understand the basics

5. you will leave knowing a lot about reloading and then

HAVE A LEVEL OF COMFORT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT SAFELY AND BE ABLE TO SAVE MONEY AND ENJOY A HOBBY FOR A LIFETIME

SO BEWARE TO ALL,

this will be like a late christmas present or an early valentines present to you

ENJOY

Jefferson or also known as Cement Bench :test:

CheeseBurger 02-08-2014 11:40 AM

Signed up. Been reloading for a couple years but I'm sure I can still learn a bunch.

Is there any plans to offering an intermediate or advanced reloading course?

rpollock 02-08-2014 12:04 PM

A few comments and follow up:

-Clinic is open to anyone, you don't have to be a club member.
-The Clinic will take place at Canada Olympic Park where we have a 70 person theatre/classroom booked.
-Advanced course has been discussed but we wanted to see what the level of interest was in the introductory course before any additional plans were made.
-The purpose of the clinic is to get people loading safe and functional cartridges they count on in the field or at the range.

Rick

rpollock 03-01-2014 11:41 AM

Bump for this clinic. Good response so far, but room for more.

twofifty 03-01-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cement Bench (Post 2315592)
JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW, SOME OF THE GUYS PUTTING ON THIS CLINIC ARE OR HAVE THE FOLLOWING CAPABILITIES OR TRAITS :

1. have competed in short range Benchrest for well over a decade,
2. have shot 5 5 shot groups at a match to aggregate uner 2 tenths of an inch i.e. .174 or so at a recoreded match with moving backers,
3. actually have nice equipment that costs mega dollars so bring your drooling towels,
4. will BE ABLE TO simplify the methods used so you can understand the basics
5. you will leave knowing a lot about reloading and then

HAVE A LEVEL OF COMFORT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT SAFELY AND BE ABLE TO SAVE MONEY AND ENJOY A HOBBY FOR A LIFETIME
Jefferson or also known as Cement Bench :test:

Have you guys got a contingency plan if someone asks 'what's the best press?"
;)

Chewbacca 03-01-2014 08:56 PM

When I lived in GP I was lucky enough to pickup knowledge at the range from shooters. I would enjoy something like this to happen up here. I'm fortunate to be able to read and search for stuff. Learning from the pros is still the best though. I've picked up a lot off of here too.

rbouchard 03-03-2014 07:02 PM

I Live in G.P. and would be really interested in a course like this but it would have to be closer to the end of April as I work boilers in the winter and will not be taking days off so close to the end of the season. Anyone else up in G.P. think this would be awesome!

Cement Bench 03-03-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twofifty (Post 2345039)
Have you guys got a contingency plan if someone asks 'what's the best press?"
;)

I will probably refer them to the 2 websites where I asked this question, except I am not an instructor they just let me shoot with them that is all

carry on and thanks for your humour

Cement Bench

twofifty 03-03-2014 07:57 PM

What your club is doing should be a great way to introduce yourselves and attract new rifle shooters.

uncle_roman 03-13-2014 11:14 AM

Registration

Emailed last wednesday but no response. Did I make the cut??

DanOO 03-13-2014 09:41 PM

The Boys are in Phoenix at the Cactus Classic this week, should be home by Tuesday.

CheeseBurger 03-17-2014 07:41 PM

Wondering if any other AOer's are going? Would be cool to meet some new faces.

bushlover 03-18-2014 09:35 AM

I will be there.

Got my confirmation yesterday, so will definitely be there. Have an AO sticker on topper of my truck and will be wearing my hat so easy to spot haha. Anyone interested in breakfast at mickey D's across 16 Ave before hand? Looking forward to the day.

CheeseBurger 03-18-2014 05:59 PM

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the AO hat. Look for a younger guy (31) with short hair, a beard and glasses. If I eat McD's for breakfast no one will sit anywhere near me the rest of the day so I won't be joining ya for breakfast! :thinking-006::scared0018:

rpollock 03-22-2014 06:18 PM

I am pleased to announce that Korth Enterprises in Okotoks has donated a Lock-N-Load Classic reloading kit (retail value of ~$500) that will be auctioned off for $10 per ticket during the reloading course. Only 1 week away. Get your e-mails in to reloadingclinic@gmail.com if you want to register.

Au revoir, Gopher 03-24-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushlover (Post 2367604)
Got my confirmation yesterday, so will definitely be there. Have an AO sticker on topper of my truck and will be wearing my hat so easy to spot haha. Anyone interested in breakfast at mickey D's across 16 Ave before hand? Looking forward to the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseBurger (Post 2368265)
I'll keep my eyes peeled for the AO hat. Look for a younger guy (31) with short hair, a beard and glasses. If I eat McD's for breakfast no one will sit anywhere near me the rest of the day so I won't be joining ya for breakfast! :thinking-006::scared0018:

I'll be there. I too will pass on the breakfast; mostly because I live just up the hill from COP so it will be easier for me to eat breakfast at home and then head out.

ARG

densa44 03-24-2014 08:42 AM

Good for you fellows!

This is a great idea, I like the fund raiser too, charge the boys $10. each and then auction off the prize.

To the attendees, make sure to ask about "never getting a case stuck" I wish I'd learned that!

I'd also ask about compressed loads.

If I still lived in YYC I'd be there for sure!

We need more of this sort of thing, and it can be moved around the province.

This site has an enormous amount of expertise and this is a very good way to spread it around.

If this is a derail I apologize.

We could use courses on:

Fly casting
Fly tying
Skeet shooting
Dog training
Coyote calling, Duck/goose calling
Mentoring
You guys get the idea. We ( wild rose NAVHDA) had a dog training clinic on Sat in Bluffton, and it was well attended and everyone got something out of it. Cool to see all the new pups.

CheeseBurger 03-28-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher (Post 2375346)
I'll be there. I too will pass on the breakfast; mostly because I live just up the hill from COP so it will be easier for me to eat breakfast at home and then head out.

ARG

I too live up the hill from COP - Silversprings so pretty close. See you Sunday!

Tyler

steelringin' 03-29-2014 04:48 PM

I attended today's clinic and I just wanted to say that I found it very informative and had a few good laughs too. A big thanks to Bob, Rick and Tony for the time and expertise.

rpollock 03-30-2014 12:58 PM

We had about 30 people out to the introductory reloading clinic. Even a few out of towners made the drive.Many thanks to Korth and Tony for providing the draw on the reloading kit. Hopefully the students had as much fun as the instructors. I expect we will look at running this again next year at about this time. Rick

http://benchrest.ca/uploads/DSCN0309.jpg[/QUOTE]

CheeseBurger 03-30-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseBurger (Post 2381612)
I too live up the hill from COP - Silversprings so pretty close. See you Sunday!

Tyler

Well I made an embarrassing mistake! I got it in my head that the clinic was today. :argue2::sign0176::budo:

Au revoir, Gopher 03-30-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpollock (Post 2384348)
We had about 30 people out to the introductory reloading clinic. Even a few out of towners made the drive.Many thanks to Korth and Tony for providing the draw on the reloading kit. Hopefully the students had as much fun as the instructors. I expect we will look at running this again next year at about this time. Rick

http://benchrest.ca/uploads/DSCN0309.jpg

Thanks for putting it on. It was definitely worthwhile.

I look downright studious in that picture. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

ARG

bushlover 03-30-2014 10:02 PM

clinic

I was there as well and would definitely recommend it for anyone thinking of, or getting into reloading if they run it next year. Lots of questions answered and an easy going manner made for a good day.

twofifty 03-31-2014 11:11 PM

Congrats to the organizers for what appears like a job well done.

thrude1 04-01-2014 09:33 AM

dammit seeen this too late I'll be in for sure next year. I spent about $1000 on reloading supplies and equipment at ufa in red deer when they got out of the guns/ammo etc but dont know what to do with it

CheeseBurger 04-01-2014 09:54 AM

It's useless stuff... Just send it to me and I will dispose of it for you. :)

sevenam 04-02-2014 11:51 PM

you need to run a course sooner than next year !