Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is society losing it? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=377372)

Kurt505 02-27-2020 06:14 PM

Is society losing it?

Is it just me or does it seem like anyone who is capable of holding a sign is out there protesting about something right now?

pikergolf 02-27-2020 06:20 PM

Idle hands. People have way to much time for navel gazing and look for some purpose in life. Some have dogs some do charity work, well you get my drift.

huntinstuff 02-27-2020 06:21 PM

This dingus at 23 ave was holding a sign. I think he was broke though.

I guess he was protesting being broke. And he was white so Im not sure what his excuse was.......

Kurt505 02-27-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4117891)

I guess he was protesting being broke. And he was white so Im not sure what his excuse was.......

Lol, there was one of those boulevard bums I saw that I was nearly willing to toss a loonie to, his sign read:

PLEASE HELP
FAMILY ABDUCTED BY NINJAS
NEED RANSOM MONEY

At least he came up with a sign that put a smile on my face.

Who Da Fisherman 02-27-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 4117885)
Is it just me or does it seem like anyone who is capable of holding a sign is out there protesting about something right now?

I'm gonna protest the protesters lol :bad_boys_20:
WDF

Smokinyotes 02-27-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4117891)

I think the guy at 23rd ave probably makes a pretty good living. I have saw him standing at the corner on 23 ave for years.

huntinstuff 02-27-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokinyotes (Post 4117903)
I think the guy at 23rd ave probably makes a pretty good living. I have saw him standing at the corner on 23 ave for years.

I never feel sorry for homeless people, but I do feel bad if they have a dog.....

That dog must be thinking "holy %$$@ this is the longest walk EVER"......

Kurt505 02-27-2020 06:37 PM

We’ll be fine so long as the hiway flag people don’t start protesting, those people are pro’s at holding signs!!!

bat119 02-27-2020 06:41 PM

What I find curious, the ones out protesting to kill O&G last week are protesting service and school cuts this week where do they think tax money comes from.

huntinstuff 02-27-2020 07:01 PM

Im off on Monday

Im gonna protest

I think my slogan will be

STOP KILLING BUFFALO FOR THEIR WINGS

wolf308 02-27-2020 07:05 PM

Hahaha

Smoky buck 02-27-2020 07:14 PM

Disappearing into the middle of nowhere is really tempting some days

bat119 02-27-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4117921)
Im off on Monday

Im gonna protest

Maybe you can hook up with her

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/pictu...ictureid=10866

CaberTosser 02-27-2020 07:19 PM

I think this may be what happens after the masses tire of bread & circuses.

One really has to hand it to the Liberals for it, they’ve spread so much misinformation to garner votes that the herd-instinct elements in society have fallen for it but also snowballed their idiocy beyond the capability to contain it. Now we have environmental nutbars and indigenous activists who are convinced that each and every citizen gets the ability to veto mega projects all by themselves.

I do worry for the future if the phenomenon continues to grow at the rate it has been, and based on the # of participation awards being handed out and the current politics being groomed in elementary schools I wonder if the ‘fall of Rome’ is an inevitable societal cycle.

vcmm 02-27-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Im off on Monday

I'm gonna protest

Okay I'll pay to see you do that!! Pics have to show your face and sign.

Twisted Canuck 02-27-2020 07:23 PM

The first thing I saw on the news today was some Liberal bobble head talking about new measures to protect Right Whales...because, "Squirrel!!!!!"

It was ridiculous, in light of the blockades, coronavirus, market meltdown, and general useless incompetence of our government.

So in light of that, my protest sign has to be:

SAVE THE WHALES
*collect the whole set*

vcmm 02-27-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 4117885)

And yes! We are screwed. Unless Huntinstuff runs for Pemier!!!

sns2 02-27-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4117909)
I never feel sorry for homeless people, but I do feel bad if they have a dog.....

Roflmarseoff

IR_mike 02-27-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol::lol:
Its funny you say that..
I have worked off and on for years with a guy from Naniamo who told me a few years back that the looney lefty govt of the time increased social assistance pay outs to those on it with dogs to cover the cost of dog food.

Cheque day people are missing dogs and the provincial building is swamped with people and there pets with every manner of improvised leash/harness imaginable.

That evening "strays" all over town and people cruising looking for there pets.

Grizzly Adams 02-27-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4117930)
The first thing I saw on the news today was some Liberal bobble head talking about new measures to protect Right Whales...because, "Squirrel!!!!!"

It was ridiculous, in light of the blockades, coronavirus, market meltdown, and general useless incompetence of our government.

So in light of that, my protest sign has to be:

SAVE THE WHALES
*collect the whole set*

Saw a bumper sticker like that in Golden, a while back .:D

SAVE THE BANFF SNAIL. COLLECT THE WHOLE SET

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-trave...ff/physe-snail

Grizz

Etownpaul 02-27-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Im off on Monday

Im gonna protest

I only eat Buffalo Wild Wings, I don’t know how you guys can eat that factory farmed crap:bad_boys_20:

Red Bullets 02-27-2020 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Society??

AndrewM 02-28-2020 07:51 AM

I blame social media. Everyone has an opinion and think other people actually care. Clicking like and caring are two very different things.

Deezel 02-28-2020 07:53 AM

The problem is, those that demand the most from society are the ones that contribute the least. It's easier to pick up a protest sign than it is to strap on a pair of work boots....

The Cook 02-28-2020 09:31 AM

We got a guy in Canmore claims to be 25 years homeless in the most expensive town in Alberta, now he has a sign saying "on strike for the homeless", I always thought you had to work to go on strike. I'm sure he's koo koo for coco puffs.

tirebob 02-28-2020 10:04 AM

I personally think this is what happens when life starts getting to easy. Human existence (in the first world) has less serious challenges and strife than it ever has. There is no "compete to survive" anymore and humans are not wired to live like that so we feel the need to artificially create the chaos. Some people channel it positively but far too many people don't (or want) to know how to do that and channel it destructively. I think it is only going to get worse too.

1stLand 02-28-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tirebob (Post 4118168)
I personally think this is what happens when life starts getting to easy. Human existence (in the first world) has less serious challenges and strife than it ever has. There is no "compete to survive" anymore and humans are not wired to live like that so we feel the need to artificially create the chaos. Some people channel it positively but far too many people don't (or want) to know how to do that and channel it destructively. I think it is only going to get worse too.

just wait until things actually start to get hard. These garden variety protesters will be the first to be pushing up daisies if there was ever a civil war or societal breakdown.

I find alot of kids that were raised in privileged households and have been fed with a silver spoon are the most left wing / liberal loonies. They don't understand the value of money, hard work, adversity, saving money and being self sufficient.

CaberTosser 02-28-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stLand (Post 4118216)
just wait until things actually start to get hard. These garden variety protesters will be the first to be pushing up daisies if there was ever a civil war or societal breakdown.

I find alot of kids that were raised in privileged households and have been fed with a silver spoon are the most left wing / liberal loonies. They don't understand the value of money, hard work, adversity, saving money and being self sufficient.

I have a lefty niece who posts infrequently on FB, but when she does its invariably something stupid. She either moans about the plight of the killer whales and dolphins, or, most recently, it was complaining about the term 'snowflake'. She didn't get the irony that her complaining about the term makes her even more of one. I recall the old grade school rhyme "sticks & stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me". I put a lot of blame on my sister/her mom for this, she was quite the attack helicopter Mom when my niece was a kid. Quite frankly she still is and her daughter is about 24. I feel sympathy for my nieces teachers that had to deal with my sister because she's also vindictive bearing her poison pen (journalist). This niece is currently getting brainwashed with the rest of the crowd of weenies at art school. I think the term for the type once they tip the scales of societal order & balance into full-blown anarchy is 'cannon fodder'.

ghostguy6 02-28-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

I always have a pocket full of dog treats. I will go out of my way out offer those dogs a treat but many of their owners get upset if I wont buy them booze.....

Kurt505 02-28-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 4118229)
I always have a pocket full of dog treats. I will go out of my way out offer those dogs a treat but many of their owners get upset if I wont buy them booze.....

If you gave them booze the owners would probably just take it from them anyways....