Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Changes to your Firearms Licence Conditions (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=401698)

bat119 07-28-2021 07:33 AM

Changes to your Firearms Licence Conditions

More freedom lost email this morning

A change has recently come into force to the Firearms Act as part of Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. The change has resulted in the removal of the following conditions related to the transport of restricted/prohibited firearms from your licence:

Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act and Part III of the Criminal Code.
If you wish to transport your restricted/prohibited firearm for one of the above purposes, you must apply for an Authorization to Transport to your Chief Firearms Officer. To contact your Chief Firearms Officer, please call 1 800 731-4000.

All affected licence holders will be mailed a formal notification of the changes to the Authorizations to Transport, including your current updated licence conditions.

trooper 07-28-2021 07:43 AM

What a pile of @#$%!!!!!! and There is the reason why my wife and I sold all our restricted toys.

Big Thumper 07-28-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trooper (Post 4398443)
What a pile of @#$%!!!!!! and There is the reason why my wife and I sold all our restricted toys.

Which is exactly what the liberals want.....

raw outdoors 07-28-2021 08:44 AM

So what are our western Provence’s chief firearms officers doing about this? Will they just reissue the transpiration papers or do they have orders from the filthy liberals and RCMP to not reissue new papers ?

DirtShooter 07-28-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trooper (Post 4398443)

Well you sure showed them....

6.5 shooter 07-28-2021 09:00 AM

Yet many will vote for the "child who would be king" in the next election ... Because it could never happen here, or he has such nice hair, and those socks OMG .... Too die for ... :sHa_sarcasticlol:

bat119 07-28-2021 09:05 AM

The Gangsta's will need an ATT for drive by shooting's, Liberals crushing gun crime what a joke

guysmiley 07-28-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 4398490)
The Gangsta's will need an ATT for drive by shooting's, Liberals crushing gun crime what a joke

You nailed it. If we make shooting someone 9 times illegal instead of 3 they will think twice....

Scott N 07-28-2021 11:28 AM

These changes make everyone safer. :scared:

WhiskeyJack 07-28-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott N (Post 4398554)
These changes make everyone safer. :scared:

What a farce.

RCMP BW

A change has recently come into force to the Firearms Act as part of Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. The change has resulted in the removal of the following conditions related to the transport of restricted/prohibited firearms from your licence:

Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act and Part III of the Criminal Code.
If you wish to transport your restricted/prohibited firearm for one of the above purposes, you must apply for an Authorization to Transport to your Chief Firearms Officer. To contact your Chief Firearms Officer, please call 1 800 731-4000.

All affected licence holders will be mailed a formal notification of the changes to the Authorizations to Transport, including your current updated licence conditions.

Canadian Firearms Program
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms
Tel: 1-800-731-4000 (toll free)

WhiskeyJack 07-28-2021 09:23 PM

These changes don’t even make sense are they just trying to prevent export to USA bc of the oic.?

lyallpeder 07-29-2021 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeyJack (Post 4398747)
These changes don’t even make sense are they just trying to prevent export to USA bc of the oic.?

I think in the next election they will say how they made restricted harder to transport around our cities. BS but I think they will say it.

6.5 shooter 07-29-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyallpeder (Post 4398806)
I think in the next election they will say how they made restricted harder to transport around our cities. BS but I think they will say it.

Yup the Lieberals will do their best peacock impression, strut their stuff and show off their socks. Then tell you how they saved the world from us bad hunters, While actually doing nothing, much like a proud cut steer in a corral full of heifers.

partsman 07-30-2021 04:55 PM

Got mine in the mail today.

Savage Bacon 07-30-2021 09:00 PM

Got mine in email today. It said the paper copy is on its way.

esher 07-30-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter (Post 4398852)
Yup the Lieberals will do their best peacock impression, strut their stuff and show off their socks. Then tell you how they saved the world from us bad hunters, While actually doing nothing, much like a proud cut steer in a corral full of heifers.

Nice.

Twisted Canuck 07-30-2021 09:20 PM

Just think of all the lives this will save.

Got my email moments ago as well.

These policies are not about public safety, they are about having the appearance of doing something while accomplishing nothing, and the ignorant will applaud and vote Liberal again.

Like the gangbangers over on Jane and Finch are going to call in to get an ATT for a drive by.

Death by a thousand cuts. And selling off all your restricted firearms is just giving them what they want. A compliant disarmed citizenry. Much easier to control.

Scott N 07-31-2021 06:21 AM

It's almost as if the sole purpose of all of these changes to the firearms laws was pure vindictiveness against legal owners of guns.

Ronan_357 07-31-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4399455)
Death by a thousand cuts. And selling off all your restricted firearms is just giving them what they want. A compliant disarmed citizenry. Much easier to control.

Wait, I’m supposed to sell not buy restricted? Well I screwed up then…
On an interesting note, I didn’t have to submit proof of belonging to a range for my first restricted.

sailor 07-31-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 4398437)
More freedom lost email this morning

Being owner of 20+ handguns I personally don’t see any problems .
Still with thise conditions can go to the range or IPSC competition without asking for ATT.
PS. Thanks God or because of buying good guns ( no Glocks and other plastic except HK) no need to go to gunsmith...
and if need it won’t be the biggest problem to call and ask to email me att, which I would receive in 20 min

Jims83cj5 08-02-2021 09:19 AM

I’m not seeing what is different here. I thought when you had a hand gun you could only transport it to and from a gun club. None of these listed are gun clubs

therookie 08-02-2021 09:46 AM

But to and from a range is still ok?

I do t transport anywhere other than that. Just want to be sure.

Twisted Canuck 08-02-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therookie (Post 4400003)
But to and from a range is still ok?

I do t transport anywhere other than that. Just want to be sure.

That's correct. You need to call for an ATT to go anywhere other then range.

Such stupidity.