Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do I press send ? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=430218)

antlercarver 03-23-2024 12:02 PM

Do I press send ?

Many times I read the posts here and write up a comment, opinion or answer. When I reread it before sending it, I think will it be any help or make any difference? Probably not and delete it.:argue2:

urban rednek 03-23-2024 12:41 PM

There's like, dozens of us

1 Attachment(s)
Sometimes. But then I think "Why not? What's the worst that can happen?" :acigar:

jungleboy 03-23-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antlercarver (Post 4711378)
Many times I read the posts here and write up a comment, opinion or answer. When I reread it before sending it, I think will it be any help or make any difference? Probably not and delete it.:argue2:

Self moderating. Good idea.

I do that myself sometimes

calgarychef 03-23-2024 02:30 PM

I self moderate often, especially after a couple beers ;).

glen moa 03-23-2024 03:47 PM

I delete some posts too. But it’s also important for everyone to help keep everything on the right track. We stick together and lift each other up.
So press send as much as you can.

58thecat 03-23-2024 04:05 PM

Quote:

Not worth it is what I say when looking back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twisted Canuck 03-23-2024 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58thecat (Post 4711429)
Not worth it is what I say when looking back.

Big Sky 03-23-2024 04:32 PM

There were a few times when I first joined that I got all riled up and argued for multiple posts. They couldn't change my mind and I couldn't change theirs.

Now, I often ask if there is any sense in arguing with strangers. If I do decide to join a debate, I'll usually limit myself to 3 posts.

I really don't care if people don't share the same opinion as me.

brewster29 03-23-2024 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sky (Post 4711437)
There were a few times when I first joined that I got all riled up and argued for multiple posts. They couldn't change my mind and I couldn't change theirs.

Now, I often ask if there is any sense in arguing with strangers. If I do decide to join a debate, I'll usually limit myself to 3 posts.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Mark Twain

Stinky Buffalo 03-23-2024 06:05 PM

Quote:

Same here!

In most cases, there is no “winning the internet”.

Learning to let it go is part of maturing.

I’ll get there. Someday. [emoji16]

HyperMOA 03-23-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4711433)

This made me laugh so hard.

tullfan 03-23-2024 06:13 PM

Nevermind the internet. I have to think about not hitting send in realtime a bunch of times during the day. Apprentices and new journeymen will do that to a guy.

Tullfan

W921 03-23-2024 06:22 PM

Quote:

I think its good for me to state my position about something because if I'm wrong then I want to find out and on this site if I'm wrong about something I'm pretty sure someone will let me know.
Attack what I'm saying not me personally. Or attack the post ,not the person posting it. If we all stuck to this then everyone would get along.
Just dont be one of these people who are offended by everything. If someone doesn't agree with your politics or something you think its not a attack against you personally.
If you don't agree with what someone is saying then please explain why.
Worst thing is to demand posts or threads or speech censored. The most interesting threads on here always seem to get deleted because someone is offended but can't explain how they are right and everybody else is wrong.
More I learn the more I realise that I have to learn and things are not black and white.
When I was young and dumb I was more sure about everything.
Physicists post their theories. They do this so other physicists can pic apart or agree. Basically to see if their theories hold up.

waldedw 03-23-2024 07:09 PM

The older I get the more I realize there are things that matter and things that don't matter, if I feel I have something to contribute I give my opinion and move on, not at all interested in spending hrs :argue2: on a forum about a bunch of crap, or with someone that posts the same thing over and over and over again like a broken record just to keep the pot stirred, life is to short for that.

huntinstuff 03-23-2024 07:53 PM

traderal 03-23-2024 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 4711484)

Ok I can usually take 8,9 maybe 10 dots but 11 dots is over the limit for me and I'm offended.

Dewey Cox 03-23-2024 08:48 PM

Some things just don't need to be posted.

And some things don't need to be posted so bad, they need a new thread started about them.

Mayhem42 03-23-2024 09:47 PM

I’d have a solid 20000 posts if we could not delete …
I’m getting g close to the send button too, figure my 10 year run is coming soon.

W921 03-24-2024 08:17 AM

I agree with everyone. I only want to hear my opinions coming out of other people's mouths.
For example I have noticed in this recent snow storm that the cars that drive slower than me don't know how to drive and the ones who drive faster than me don't have good judgement either. (Grin)

Grizzly Adams1 03-24-2024 08:34 AM

Quote:

We mellow with age, to quote a T shirt I have, Some days it just isn't worth the jail time. :lol:

-JR- 03-24-2024 08:36 AM

As I get older ,i find after reading what i typed in ,I find I am missing a lot of words and letters in a sentence as if i was writhing short hand .

Bushrat 03-24-2024 09:23 AM

Arguing on the internet is like yelling at the clouds. It can be therapeutic at times though and hard to resist. :)

antlercarver 03-24-2024 10:44 AM

Send or not

I delete some comments rather than send so as not to have to read what too many self proclaimed experts think.

waldedw 03-25-2024 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 189675

58thecat 03-25-2024 08:45 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ef6cfd97b4.jpg

thumper 03-25-2024 08:17 PM

‘Whatever’
- comes to mind, more and more often ….

Twisted Canuck 03-25-2024 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58thecat (Post 4711811)