Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Argentina Bound (with Bow) (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=11643)

gunslinger 02-12-2008 04:30 PM

Argentina Bound (with Bow)

Well now that we have a archery section i thought i woudl post that i am leaving for argentina on april 15 with my bow and momma, we will be videoing the hunt and hopefully will score on some nice animals,
going ot be hunting for the red stag, asian water buffalo,fallow deer, boar,

My main objective is to expereince the roar of the red stag and to harvest cleanly a beautiful non typical one, i will hold out and if the oppertunity doesnt present itself then ill keep hunting till i get the red stag. cant wait, aint to far away now.

mud slug 02-12-2008 04:48 PM

good luck and a safe trip happy hunting.

Donny Bear 02-12-2008 05:10 PM

Does my green tinge show thank goodness I'm only jelous cause envy would be a sin :lol:

Safe travels, strait arrows and pure fun with great success on the quest:wave:

CNP 02-12-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger (Post 111525)
Well now that we have a archery section i thought i woudl post that i am leaving for argentina on april 15 with my bow and momma, we will be videoing the hunt and hopefully will score on some nice animals,
going ot be hunting for the red stag, asian water buffalo,fallow deer, boar,

My main objective is to expereince the roar of the red stag and to harvest cleanly a beautiful non typical one, i will hold out and if the oppertunity doesnt present itself then ill keep hunting till i get the red stag. cant wait, aint to far away now.

I had to have a peak.................temperature in Buenos Aries right now is 25 degrees C. Sweet................have great hunt/vacation.

My daughter has been in Chile for the last 3 weeks.........what about meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TreeGuy 02-12-2008 09:54 PM

'Slinger, you suck! I now hate you and hope you have an awful trip, get skunked and catch malaria!:tongue2:

When you get back, can we please see your pics?:lol: Good luck man, have fun!

Tree

gunslinger 02-12-2008 11:15 PM

hhaah

haha yea for sure tree i will post some if im lucky enough to get one. yea i checked too and its hot there, and im hoping there aint no malaria,

Walleyes 02-13-2008 11:45 AM

Good luck on your quest for the stag gunslinger.. I am big time jealous of you man,, just a few more years and hopefully the wife and I are off to New Zealand (already started to save money for it) for my stag...

elnino54 02-13-2008 12:25 PM

Slinger......too bad you weren't leaving a little earlier..........you could have stopped here in Costa Rica on your way down for a day or two fishing for large pacific sailfish............lol...........Have a good trip dude.

SugarCreek 02-13-2008 05:54 PM

Good luck Pat......you certainly live the life most of us only dream about. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get back.

Marco

RUM 02-13-2008 06:49 PM

....and to think I was just getting excited about heading out in the next couple weeks to start getting ready for spring bear....

Good luck, can't wait to see the pics!

gunslinger 03-17-2008 07:34 PM

30 days

well my trip is closing in quick here, 30 days and i will be heading into beonus aires then into the hunting area.
the roar of the red stag has started already and they figure that they are going to be in full rut when i get there. be very interesting to hear that.
ive seen lots of european mounts of red stag and they are awsome, i really cant decide what to do with him if i get one, shoulder or euro.

packhuntr 03-17-2008 08:01 PM

Go euro on him Gunslinger!!!! Your gonna want to be able to pour a shot and fondle all that bone, for afew years to come.....Hunt hard, good luck.

keep a strain on er.

bruteforce1 03-18-2008 07:13 AM

Good luck on fullfilling one of your dream hunts.

catnthehat 03-18-2008 07:28 AM

Got room in an extra large duffel bag, huh, Buddy??:D
Cat

gunslinger 03-18-2008 07:47 AM

i think so

Quote:

Originally Posted by packhuntr (Post 124755)
Go euro on him Gunslinger!!!! Your gonna want to be able to pour a shot and fondle all that bone, for afew years to come.....Hunt hard, good luck.

keep a strain on er.

yup i gotta agree pack i was really leaning towards teh euro on him also,

cat your more than welcome to come along, she gonna be one hell of a ride the summer and fall, just hoping all turns out for the best. say were gonna be in fort mcmurray here on the 27th i woudl like to buy you a coffee.

nekred 03-18-2008 09:15 AM

Good Luck and Happy hunting!

catnthehat 03-18-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger (Post 124887)
yup i gotta agree pack i was really leaning towards teh euro on him also,

cat your more than welcome to come along, she gonna be one hell of a ride the summer and fall, just hoping all turns out for the best. say were gonna be in fort mcmurray here on the 27th i woudl like to buy you a coffee.

Drop me a line anytime, you have my number!
cat

Dark 03-19-2008 09:14 AM

Gunslinger

Did you hang out at Clarence Kryaski's(spelling) taxidemy shop years ago.
Enjoy your trip

gunslinger 03-19-2008 05:09 PM

no i dont think so dark,

chain2 03-21-2008 07:00 PM

Gunslinger are you getting any sleep? its closing now!!
Ya all practiced up??
Good holidays and hunting to you and yours!...chain