Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what are coyote hide selling for (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=21485)

u_cant_rope_the_wind 10-22-2008 12:03 AM

what are coyote hide selling for

what are coyote hides selling for these days??
and who is buying them?
is there still ?a major fur auction

Albertabowhunter 10-22-2008 02:02 AM

I believe Halford hides buys skins, but not sure if they accept them until mid December...

fjhoward 10-22-2008 09:35 AM

Major Auctions

North American Fur Auctions (NAFA)
And Fur Harvesters (FHA)

You can check the web sites for latest prices and delivery cut off dates and dealers.

The cut off shipment dates are also on the Alberta Trappers (ATA)

Web site.

KI-UTE 11-01-2008 06:08 AM

The fur market is very, very uncertain at this moment. Nobody knows how bad things really are at this time. Last years May sale, coyotes averaged about $25.00 as a true average with everything in. That was before the banking crisis started and the stock markets went into turmoil.

I can't see coyotes selling for less than $20.00 in the auction, but I also can't see them bringing a whole lot more than a $20.00 bill. I know nobody wants to hear that, but that's where things are at.

This is a good year to go ice fishing instead of coyote trapping.

pitw 11-01-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KI-UTE (Post 205986)
This is a good year to go ice fishing instead of coyote trapping.

Why? Are ice fish selling higher this year.:)

flatblack 11-01-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitw (Post 206002)
Why? Are ice fish selling higher this year.:)

:lol::lol::lol:

KI-UTE 11-03-2008 07:47 AM

Well obviously... why do you think there's all them nets in all them lakes???:sick:

tth_12032 11-04-2008 08:38 PM

since anyone is allowed to shoot coyotes, can anyone sell the fur or do you need a license? sorry for the ignorant question but what can I say, I am ignorant to trapping but curious.

Pioneer2 11-13-2008 01:12 PM

As far as I know if you have a valid big game licence you can shoot and sell coyote hides provided you have permission to be on the land your hunting.This doesn't include snaring or trapping...........Harold

Loch Sloy! 11-19-2008 11:22 AM

I'm pretty sure no license is required if you are an AB resident.

Rick Lepine 12-30-2008 06:59 PM

Coyotes Fur trading or selling

GENERAL REGULATIONS

General Prohibitions / Big Game Prohibitions / Game Bird Prohibitions / Federal Firearms Legislation / Exporting / Sale of Wildlife / Found dead Wildlife / Hunting Privileges on Occupied, Private & Public Land / Restricted Areas / Vehicle Restrictions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Convictions for certain offences will result in the suspension of all recreational hunting licences for a period of 1 to 3 years, and may result in a suspension for as long as 5 or more years. This is in addition to the assessment of a fine, an order and/or imprisonment.
SALE OF WILDLIFE
back to top...

The selling, buying, bartering, soliciting or trading in wildlife or wildlife parts, or offering to do so, is regulated under the Wildlife Act and Regulations. Many transactions are strictly prohibited, while others are regulated. For further information, please contact a Fish and Wildlife Division office.

Why take a chance call your wildlife division office. Also I read somewhere else in this forums that a permit was required. Just do a search for coyotes and it will bring you to earlier blog. Cheer

AB2506 12-30-2008 09:05 PM

No licence is required if you are shooting them. When I ship my few furs, I just give them my wildlife certificate # and state that they were called and shot.

McLeod Valley 01-24-2009 09:20 AM

No coyote sold!!

Reading the report from last sale in North Bay : Over 10,000 submitted and withheld!:(

bull9898 02-03-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLeod Valley (Post 252499)
Reading the report from last sale in North Bay : Over 10,000 submitted and withheld!:(

i heard that to it is very slow this winter.:mad3:

KI-UTE 08-11-2009 11:31 PM

Old thread... yup...

...but I just figured I would take the time out of my day today to tell you smart-alecs...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

KI-UTE KNOWS KN-ALL