Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FLAMES 2021-22. Our time has not come (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=404038)

Pixel Shooter 10-08-2021 01:06 PM

FLAMES 2021-22. Our time has not come

Have to say this is the most bleak i have felt being a flames fan from inception. Mediocrity will continue. Expect our goal tending and Sutter hockey to be boring yet should be in most games. We like doing draft picks in the range of 8-10 in division. Never moves the needle.

Flames fans are second least optimistic in the NHL per (Athletic) with Buffalo getting the number one slot. She’s going to be a long year.

Oilers are #7, Jets #4 , Sens #17, Habs #20, Canucks #21, Leafs #22

Go flames go 😂

Twisted Canuck 10-08-2021 01:48 PM

*heavy sigh*

Yep. What he ^ said.

Roderek 10-08-2021 01:59 PM

Yeah, probably not going to be the best season, but if we do bad this year, maybe we can blow it up and tank next year for Connor Bedard. Then we can show those guys up north how you build a winning team around a generational talent...

jungleboy 10-08-2021 02:10 PM

Chin up boys. Eventually history always repeats itself. After the Oilers win 5 more cups the Flames should be due for one.😈

Talking moose 10-08-2021 03:43 PM

A reverse psychology thread this year. Well done.

huntwat 10-08-2021 04:29 PM

Lol. Took 20 some years to realize mediocrity. They have been bad for quite some time.

Penner 10-08-2021 04:54 PM

I’m not a flames fan but the team has some very good pieces but very much like the Oilers several seasons back, too much of the same type of player.

Not sure what type a team the flames are. Not run & gun, not defensive, not dump & chase, not a meat grinding team. My concern is the coach in place is the wrong style of coach for the current roster.

Couple of trades could changing things up. You guys have some assets.

muirsy 10-08-2021 05:55 PM

My expectations haven’t been this low since the late 90’s/early 2000’s “young gun” days - which for my own mental health is a great thing!

They didn’t change much, but maybe a full camp under Sutter has lit a fire under our core players and we can get off to a hot start and build some confidence.

It would also be nice to see Markstrom play well (and get help) early on, pick up some wins and take the pressure off so he doesn’t have to play 65-70 games for us to MAYBE make the playoffs.

stob 10-08-2021 06:23 PM

Agreed, you cannot move the needle when you pick middle of the pack most of the time ... their style will nasty and brutish ... will be interesting to see how smaller skilled teams play against them ??? ... I believe they will make the playoffs, and this is where a team constructed like this can go deep ... these coach killing players are in for a ride ... Markstrom will do very well because this type of team limits scoring chances for and against, but make for very boring hockey .. I would like to see his players lock him out of the dressing room like his previous time did once ( and only once) ... EDM will be an amazing story this year and may go all the way as they can beat you with 3 lines now and their defense is is solid ... the Kraken I hope have a bit of a fairy tale year .. and I hope Carey Price heals his soul ... Vancouver, well I never could support any left coast teams and idk about them ... Winnipeg will have a solid year and the boys from the Big Smoke will be the darlings of the Toronto Sports Network, it is do or die for Dubas & Shanahan & Keefe ... I am thinking they will be one and done in the playoffs & then the shuffle will start from the top on down ... enjoy the season everyone :)

Okotok 10-08-2021 07:14 PM

I'm thinking of strapping on the old supertacks and helping out the Flames. Could be scotch induced but I'm thinking I could trip up a lot of swift opposing skaters! :)

Talking moose 10-08-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotok (Post 4423413)
I'm thinking of strapping on the old supertacks and helping out the Flames. Could be scotch induced but I'm thinking I could trip up a lot of swift opposing skaters! :)

Super tacks, long cooperalls, and an itech mask on a cooper sk2000 helmet. Do it!
Oops. I just dated myself…..

270person 10-08-2021 08:18 PM

I actually don't think they'll be that bad. D isn't great and drafting has been pretty mediocre but there's still some very nice forward pieces and I'd look for Markstrom to have a much better year.

I'm a Sutter fan so can't cheer against him. Dude is one of the funniest hockey coaches I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.

RandyBoBandy 10-08-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter (Post 4423320)
Have to say this is the most bleak i have felt being a flames fan from inception. Mediocrity will continue. Expect our goal tending and Sutter hockey to be boring yet should be in most games. We like doing draft picks in the range of 8-10 in division. Never moves the needle.

Flames fans are second least optimistic in the NHL per (Athletic) with Buffalo getting the number one slot. She’s going to be a long year.

Oilers are #7, Jets #4 , Sens #17, Habs #20, Canucks #21, Leafs #22

Go flames go 😂

Pixel Shooter, I think your job opening this thread, is to WARN the FLAMES fan, NOT to engage with waging bets of booze with BessieDog :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Reddin 10-09-2021 01:38 PM

Why don't you guys just pick another team? Hopefully not a constant whining and moaning thread. Go Flames!

bessiedog 10-09-2021 03:39 PM

Good day gentlemen……

Anyone care to make a traditional season wager…..? On your beloved team against my unstoppable juggernaught of a team….?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N57SxyxUhTQ

Dark Wing 10-09-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessiedog (Post 4423680)
Good day gentlemen……

Anyone care to make a traditional season wager…..? On your beloved team against my unstoppable juggernaught of a team….?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N57SxyxUhTQ

Better not or they may have to open up a Bessie Ford center in the Southern foothills lol.

DiabeticKripple 10-09-2021 03:43 PM

At least us Flames fans can admit that we have a bad team, unlike the team to the north.

bessiedog 10-09-2021 04:56 PM

Feh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple (Post 4423683)
At least us Flames fans can admit that we have a bad team, unlike the team to the north.

Mine faith hath been rewarded……! Tis all.

How doth your metal measure in dark times sir!

I have thrown down the gauntlet……….. other than the Brave (and maladjusted) Twisted Canuck???

Are there ANY others amongst you that count yourselves as men…?

The Flames Nation hath been challenged by the lowly Bessidog….!

What say you?

huntwat 10-09-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabetickripple (Post 4423683)
at least us flames fans can admit that we have a bad team, unlike the team to the north.

rotflmao!!!!!!!!

Talking moose 10-09-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Correct. “We have a Bad team. Unlike the team to the North.”

Twisted Canuck 10-09-2021 07:04 PM

In fairness Bessie, I didn't bet on the Flames, I bet against those Oilers.

Because, goaltending.

270person 10-09-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Never once heard a Flames fan admit his team stunk.

Fyi they do.

5-1.

RandyBoBandy 10-09-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 4423681)
Better not or they may have to open up a Bessie Ford center in the Southern foothills lol.

:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

sns2 10-09-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleboy (Post 4423342)
Chin up boys. Eventually history always repeats itself. After the Oilers win 5 more cups the Flames should be due for one.😈

Oooohh, you bad, Very, very bad. Kick in the swollen nuts.

elkhunter11 10-09-2021 09:01 PM

Calgary shouldn't feel too bad, no Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup in this century , and there are only 79 years left in this century. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

JohninAB 10-10-2021 10:12 AM

Do not feel bad Flames fans, even with the NHL feeling so sorry for the sad sack franchise to the north of you and deciding to give them 3 1st overall picks, one of which was McDavid, they still cannot do anything meaningful either.

bessiedog 10-10-2021 10:25 AM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohninAB (Post 4423923)
Do not feel bad Flames fans, even with the NHL feeling so sorry for the sad sack franchise to the north of you and deciding to give them 3 1st overall picks, one of which was McDavid, they still cannot do anything meaningful either.

Heh

Flames fan *reaches under the couch* pulls out old used NHL coach and older, more used Oiler insult…

“This’ll work…this season!”

MountainTi 10-10-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 270person (Post 4423753)
Never once heard a Flames fan admit his team stunk.

Fyi they do.

5-1.

The first step is admitting.

I've a feeling the dead moose's are gonna be quiet this year (or is it dead meese?)

270person 10-10-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainTi (Post 4423935)
The first step is admitting.

I've a feeling the dead moose's are gonna be quiet this year (or is it dead meese?)

Dead Mousse. Lippy but great hair.

bessiedog 10-10-2021 10:39 AM

Lol!!!

I forgot bout that dude!

Yea… lotta clenched jaws n fists in that basement.

Heh