Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Test Results (question) (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=404399)

Brankon 10-18-2021 06:05 PM

Test Results (question)

I know that there is a covid thread where all discussion belongs but I'm not here to argue or start an argument. just a general question for those of you who have had to get a test.

I have a friend that I had visited over the weekend that failed to mention to any of us that were there that he was feeling sick until today, so naturally I'm pretty peeved about that because now I feel the need to get tested (booked for tomorrow) and miss a day of work for that and however long it takes to get my results back since I don't want to be the guy at work that shuts the place down for X amount of days.
(first "sick" day in close to 5 years :angry3: )

So on to the question:
For those of you that have had to get tested, how many days did it take for you to get your results back?

vinny 10-18-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brankon (Post 4427591)
I know that there is a covid thread where all discussion belongs but I'm not here to argue or start an argument. just a general question for those of you who have had to get a test.

I have a friend that I had visited over the weekend that failed to mention to any of us that were there that he was feeling sick until today, so naturally I'm pretty peeved about that because now I feel the need to get tested (booked for tomorrow) and miss a day of work for that and however long it takes to get my results back since I don't want to be the guy at work that shuts the place down for X amount of days.
(first "sick" day in close to 5 years :angry3: )

So on to the question:
For those of you that have had to get tested, how many days did it take for you to get your results back?

Inside 3 hours for rapid.

DiabeticKripple 10-18-2021 06:15 PM

Less than 48hrs

pikergolf 10-18-2021 06:15 PM

Two days for my test a few weeks ago.

ssyd 10-18-2021 06:23 PM

The actual result has come in less than 24 hours both times I've had my brain tickled. Makes sure you sign up for the text and not the phone call - it's quicker.

Everyone I've asked about the rapid test (I had one too) had it come back inconclusive.

Ricki Bobby 10-18-2021 06:34 PM

Assuming your asking about the PCR test and not the rapid test, it can take as little as within 24 hours to up to 3-4 days. And yeah make sure you have them text you the results.

Phil McCracken 10-18-2021 06:46 PM

At the hospital...2 hours. Was there for another reason....but they tested me.

Got the same result 48 hours from AHS people by phone...:)

Sooner 10-18-2021 07:12 PM

My daughter got tested on a Friday at noon, she was texted the results by 8 pm that night.

DirtShooter 10-18-2021 07:14 PM

Rapid test within 30 min, pcr next day service.

lone wolf 10-18-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinny (Post 4427593)
inside 3 hours for rapid.

^^^^^^^
this

Brankon 10-18-2021 07:16 PM

I'm getting whatever test they give you when you book it online, I'm really hoping that I get lucky and have the results same day.

Definitely made sure that they text the results too. that way I don't feel the need to be near my phone all day

vinny 10-18-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssyd (Post 4427598)
The actual result has come in less than 24 hours both times I've had my brain tickled. Makes sure you sign up for the text and not the phone call - it's quicker.

Everyone I've asked about the rapid test (I had one too) had it come back inconclusive.

My son was positive on the rapid and I was negative the day after. Same assessment clinic. If you get a negative result, the second swab (they do two if you opt for the rapid as well) that goes to the lab will confirm negativity, but that takes another day. Had the option of throat or nasal.

riden 10-18-2021 07:41 PM

Can’t remember if I was tested on Monday or Tuesday. I looked it up on text history. I got results on Friday.

Savage Bacon 10-18-2021 07:46 PM

Rapid test is 20 minutes.

Bushleague 10-18-2021 07:49 PM

Just DO make sure they remember to send you your text... Just went through this and though I got my phone call, I did not get the text. Work would not let me return until I had a Text/ Email/ Paper copy of the test results... it took me two whole days to track this down.

Would you believe that pretty much any Tom, Dick and Harry can look up your medical records? They dont even need your health care number, just your name and date of birth... but somehow none of them are authorized to actually give you your own medical information? Its a truly stupid world that we currently live in.

jungleboy 10-18-2021 07:52 PM

Question asked and answered 👍